Requirement to have a Complaints Dept

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5014 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As far as I understand it all companies must have a complaints department and follow a set procedure and timescale when dealing with complaints.

Anyone can give me pointers to OFT guidelines or any other regulations regarding that as well as the penalties for not having a complaints procedure in place?

“We believe Capital One Law takes privilege over UK Law” – Sven Lagerberg – Capital One.

-----------------

By supplying ALL the documents WILL NOT answer your questions but by supplying a SELECTIVE few will. – Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Separate requests with a fee should be made to ALL relevant Data Controllers in an organisation. - Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Our t&c's overrides ICO guidelines when reporting to CRA's - Karon A Bullock - Capital One

Anyone?

“We believe Capital One Law takes privilege over UK Law” – Sven Lagerberg – Capital One.

-----------------

By supplying ALL the documents WILL NOT answer your questions but by supplying a SELECTIVE few will. – Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Separate requests with a fee should be made to ALL relevant Data Controllers in an organisation. - Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Our t&c's overrides ICO guidelines when reporting to CRA's - Karon A Bullock - Capital One

Have a read of the following OFT document. DCA's are supposed to have dedicated complaints teams, but I don't think they have any rules on processes. The DCA's don't come under the FSA's stricter complaint handling rules, which I think is a mistake. Personally I would like to see the DCA's come under the control of the FSA and much stronger regulation appled. This will cut out some of the dodgy practices currently followed.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft880.pdf

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

These are guidelines, the OFT are hopeless thats a fact, when you complain to them, they use a threat to revoke a credit license, but can you ever see them revoking Barclaycards license under any circumstances? The FSA are a waste of space, loads of abuse, they handle high profile cases, but take years. Whats required is staggering

fines, like £100,000 for each breach. And i'm not joking.

As far as I understand it all companies must have a complaints department and follow a set procedure and timescale when dealing with complaints.

Anyone can give me pointers to OFT guidelines or any other regulations regarding that as well as the penalties for not having a complaints procedure in place?