Googley2

Newbie needing help - MBNA + many others

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3658 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Between my husband and myself we have run up loads of debts on credit cards to try and keep his business going. Now we cant even make the minimum payments on many of the debts and its getting worse. Before all hell breaks lose I would like some info on what to do about contacting the credit card companies (probably every one) and HSBC.

Virgin rang today and I gave them a small payment but they said if I had problems they could freeze the interest and agree a repayment plan but would stay on my credit record for 7 years. Firstly is that wise and correct - why have they offered it first before I said something? Is it a trick? (Have one missed payment which was paid today).

Most of the credit cards are via MBNA bank (+ Egg & HSBC). Think all have been opened online. Not bothered about credit records now as they are "poor" anyway but what is the best way to try to proceed to avoid paying more interest than repayment and end up going bankrupt???

I have looked around the site for 2 hours but just cant seem to find the answers. Should I first look to see if the agreements are enforceable as it states in many posts???

Thanks

cca everyone you are paying.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Sorry for not knowing but what does CCA mean???? I seen somewhere a list of abbreviations yesterday but cant find it again today?

If it means getting my application forms from the credit card companies will that put them on alert to my account?

Thanks

you dont want the application forms....thats NOT an agreement

you want a copies of your Consumer Credit Agreement

from everyone you are paying.

to check they have the legal right to demand money from you.

put them on alert? to what, you getting wise you've been fleeced?

its your legal right to see these documents.

dx

Hi DX100uk, thanks for that reply.

1) Is there a letter template for requesting the CCA?

2) If I have several CC's with MBNA can I send one letter requesting the info or do I have to apply for each CCA separately?

3) Whilst looking around the letter templates I came across one to get your charges back if you are on benefits. I had to pay C&G £30 this month for a missed mortgage payment and the CC companies are applying late payment charges more than I can ever clear. Am I allowed to ask for these charges back if on benefits (I do actually get Working Tax Credit as well but dont work anymore myself)?

I do plan to sort my mess out now no matter how long it takes.

Thank for the help,

yes there is a cca templte letter

look in the template library or on our homepage

i cca per a/c regardless to whom holds it sadly

it does not matter if you are on benefits or not EVERYONE can reclaim unlawful charges.

what i would do is start a thread for each of your 'quests' in the named forum for that co.

then you and us can keep track

as for those mortgage claims, c&g are very good at fleecing on that too.

off you go and get reclaiming

pers i'd follow someone elses thread and get to know the process

good luck

welcome alone

dx

Afraid i have fallen at the first hurdle, I have spent 2 hours trying to find the CCA template without any luck. I have been all through the library - could I have a direct link to it please as I just cant go any further.

Thanks

Here you are: CCA Template letter

A couple of hundred years ago Meyer Amshel, (1743-1812), founder of the Rothschild dynasty is reported to have told his five sons, “Let me control a nation’s money and I care not who writes its laws”.

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what I have written is my own opinion garnered from reading this forum and consumer legislation, and my own experience of the judicial process.

If I have been helpful, please feel free to tickle my scales!!