Debt Recovery Ltd - Park Direct ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4189 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've just received a letter from a company named Debt Recovery Plus Ltd which has my correct name and address and starts off by saying that "NOTICE OF INTENDED LITIGATION

Further to our previous correspondence. To prevent the above action, payment must be sent in full within the next 7 days or telephone us on 0844 61 0965 immediately."

The letter contained details of a vehicle registration number that I've never heard of, and have certainly never driven, the offence apparently happened on 04/07/09 for the amount of £120.

I'm confused by so many aspects of this letter.

1. I've never driven the car mentioned

2. I've never received any correspondence from this company or any other company on this matter previously

3. At the time of the alleged offence I lived at a different address, and although I do have my mail redirected from my old address, this letter was addressed to my current address.

I'm baffled that this company can claim that I owe money and also claim that they've written to me previously and that I've ignored those letters which is completely untrue as I've never received any letters previously from either Park Direct Ltd or Debt Recovery Plus Ltd.

I just did a google search on this matter and on this forum and a couple of others it seems that Debt Recovery ltd have previous form on matters like this and the general advice was to ignore them, but generally it was for matters where people had admitted they had parked in such and such a place, but my case is quite different as they seem to have just made up details of a vehicle and then claimed that I owe money for a parking ticket!

There is no mention of where the supposed parking offence occurred.

Interested to hear suggestions?

Thank you.

There is only ever one suggestion, and that is to just ignore them completely. They will send you a few more idiotic letters and then will go away.

The morons probably couldn't read their own writing and sent the incorrect registration number to the DVLA.

I just did a google search on this matter and on this forum and a couple of others it seems that Debt Recovery ltd have previous form on matters like this and the general advice was to ignore them, but generally it was for matters where people had admitted they had parked in such and such a place, but my case is quite different as they seem to have just made up details of a vehicle and then claimed that I owe money for a parking ticket!

your case is only slightly different for the reason you don't own that VRM, but the advise works just the same. Ignore everything they send you, do not reply to anything and only deal with it if they are ever dumb enough to try court with this (which I doubt) :D

You are not alone and have had a similar encounter with a ppc last year concerning a car that was never registered to me and that I never drove.

Amongst the many errors on their piece of paper dressed up to look official they clearly stated that my details had been obtained from the DVLA

As the DVLA have my details correct the only other source would be a dodgy database probably put together by dodgy car dealers and sold to ****** PPC's as it would be cheaper for them in the long run rather than the standard DVLA fee route

I guess my name and address got onto the database as I had purchased the car on behalf of another family member from what was as far as I could tell a well established legit garage. Clearly I was wrong on this last point

Such a database can be riddled with errors but they do not care as all they want to do is scare you into parting with your cash

Ignore is the best defence and is all they deserve

Edited by asmodeus