DVLA has been acting unlawfully

RoadRage2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5014 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Digital Friends , i realy need advice here i would be most greatfull if anyone has any information regarding my questions listed bellow or could offer any advice thanks :( DVLA has been acting unlawfully and does not have the powers it thinks it has when it comes to pushing motorists around.

I took a first fit sezuire in 2009 after watching my gran die in hospital she took 4 heart attacks before she passed away i never seen anything like it before. The next day in the hospital the neuroligist said my results showed in the cat scan it was caused by a lack of oxigen going to the brain. When i got home from the hospital i contacted DVLA to tell them about my sezuire and they asked me to surrender my driving license voluntarily and they said it would benifit me for when im reaplying for it back after the 1yr free from sezuires as the law states.. THAT PROVED TO BE A LIE! I am not on any medication and i am not diagnosesd with epelipsy and it's being over 14 months fit free.

11-05-2010

I received a letter from dvla requesting me to go for a medical examanation with the neuroligist doctor and my GP .

The Neuroligist at the hospital gave me the letter stating that it was over 14 months since my sezuire activity and there have been no more fits and i wasn't on any medication and was safe to drive.

14-06-2010

I posted the letter to dvla stating i was fit to drive from the neuroligist and my local GP.

25-06-2010

I phoned dvla for an update on my driving license , was told i would have my license back between 4-6 weeks.

30-06-2010

Then i received 2 questionares asking about drugs do i take cannabis , meth , or diazapame i said no never.. and i gave up alcohol couple of years ago so i posted the questionares to dvla.

05-07-2010

DVLA sent me a letter thanking me for filling in there medical forms and said the information i have given them states i have another medical condition. so they asked me to fill in 2 more medical questionares.

07-07-2010

Completed the 2 questionares and posted first class recorded,

27-07-2010

Phoned dvla for an update and was told to phone back in a few days.

30-07-2010

I was told the DVLA doctors were dealing with it said could take between 6-8 weeks. On the phone i said i was told when i gave up my license i was told if i surrendered it voluntarily it would benifit me for when im reaplying for it back. They said on the phone no its been revoked. after me giving it up voluntarily :-x

What can i do - How much longer can they do this for ? Thanks! :(

Edited by RoadRage2

They should have acknowledged the return by letter, do you still have this? Just as folk lose their entitlements to certain classifications when their licence is renewed or updated, it is probably only a single digit difference between a voluntary return and a revocation, and this is what has happened.

(The benefit of the former, is you can usually get a free Public Transport pass).

They said because i ticked some box on 1 of the forms a full investigation thats why they revoked it and the doctors at dvla are deciding if im fit enough to hold a driving license said can take a further 2 months

Shame. Clearly if you ticked an incorrect box, then that will set in train those events to meet the heightened criteria, as you selection of that box would be your acceptance of that process. Looks as though you;ll get the same end result you want, it'll just take longer.

Thanks for the reply buzby i hope your right it's a long time i should had it back in feb 2010 after i seen the neuroligist in hospital he said when you take a first fit you only have to wait 6 months now for your license he said to apply and said i was fit to drive i dont understand how it could take them between 6-8 weeks it's taken them 6months already and they said could be another 2 month what are the dvla doctors investigating if they have all the paper work from the doctor they requested me to be advised says im fit to drive , do you think i should get my license back in 2 month without any further delays ? thanks