MissSixx

Unpaid parking tickets but no warning letter

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3659 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi hope someone can help.

Last year i had a number of unpaid parking charges rack up and are unpaid. I had my car towed twice but these were paid straight away as was the ticket they came with so these are not included.

Because of where i work i would put £5 in the meter to pay for 5-6 hours of parking but due to work i could not always get away and that's when they would put a ticket on my car. Understandable but it's not as if i was trying to put the minimum on and get away with it.

Since last year i have never had so much as a warning letter, debt letter etc and today i recieved a letter from the Sheriff Officers saying I owe the council £2400. Is there not a system in place where there has to be sent a letter first?? In this case am i able to fight it before agreeing to pay the council anything? As it goes, i've became quite friendly with a couple of the traffic wardens and even they think this is unfair as i was attempting to pay the full time i was there.

Please help.