01842767990 . . anyone else had calls - Vodafone **RESOLVED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5001 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm hoping the telephone number "Experts" can help with this one

Had half a dozen calls from this number to my mobile (last one 5min ago) and as my Mum always said "Don't talk to strangers" I haven't ;) nor am I deleting them from my phone log

Google has not got anything listed re "Who calls me" etc, the only info I can get is that it's a Thetford number . . I do have a very good friend in Norfolk but it's nothing to do with her or her business

Could this be a new DCA or at least a new branch of an existing one chancing thier arm

Any replies/info greatly appreciated

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

anovo

mobile phone company.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Phone the number,withold your number and listen to what they say and then put the phone down.

But that's like cheating twoman ;)

As the calls are not frequent I'll hang on for a bit and see if anyone else has had them call

Cheers

R

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

Like twoman says, try the number and see what happens. If it does turn out to be another number that DCAs are using to harass people, you can list it here:

01842767990 is not in the database of possible telepests | Telepest

Also, please let us know who this is, as it could be another number to add to the "WhoPhonesMe" site...

Best of luck!

Ahhhhhhh many thanks guys

Makes a bit of sence now as I have a minor dispute with Vodafone not supplying a data cable as advertised for a new Nokia phone I bought

Guess this lot have managed to tag my number

Oh well the next time it rings I'll answer but get all thier info first before I decide how to continue

Thanks a lot people

R

Nokia. They are Anovo who actually repair handsets under warranty when the phones are sent for repairs to freepost. If they say dont speak to customers, say freepost gave this number.

Info from saynoto0870.com, usually gives you an idea who calls are from.

Many thanks for your help with this

It was indeed Anovo and yes they were asked to contact me regarding an issue with Vodafone

Had a nice chat with one of their reps yesterday and he was very interested in the fact that an on line ad for one of the Nokia phones was not only misleading from the point that a USB cable is not supplied as advertised but Vodafone don't even seem to stock the cable so the problem can be remedied

My letters and screen shot of the add will be passed on accordingly LoL

Thanks again

R

I'm moving you to the Telecom forum. There's a Vodafone rep there who may be able to sort things for you. ;)

Thanks cerb

If Lee picks up on this his input will be welcome

R

Hi Revenant,

I'd certainly like to take a look at this so we can correct any incorrect information on our website so as to prevent further confusion for our customers.

Could you send your letter and screen shots across to me via email as attachments by following the steps in our pinned thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/telecoms-mobile-fixed-internet/213340-vodafone-webteam-customers-problems.html?

As soon as you've sent it just update the thread with the reference number you'll get when you receive our automated reply and I'll get back to you as quickly as I can.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Hi Revenant,

I'd certainly like to take a look at this so we can correct any incorrect information on our website so as to prevent further confusion for our customers.

Could you send your letter and screen shots across to me via email as attachments by following the steps in our pinned thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/telecoms-mobile-fixed-internet/213340-vodafone-webteam-customers-problems.html?

As soon as you've sent it just update the thread with the reference number you'll get when you receive our automated reply and I'll get back to you as quickly as I can.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Morning Lee

Not sure if I have the stuff at work with me so will check and pass them to you when I can

Regards

R

Morning Lee

Have sent the docs across via email and have also advised of an access problem that has occured

Regards

R

Morning R,

I've received your emails and will be coming back to you as soon as I can and I'll also look into the access problem as well.

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Thanks Lee

I know Ive said this before but have to again. It makes a big difference for a rep of a firm to come forward and act on what they say and look into on going issues. It takes a lot of the frustration from a customer and inturn looks better for the firm deservedly other firms should learn by this ;) Of course I will stay silent who I am getting at, growl xxxxx Thumbs up from me lee and I dont even use vodafone, but hey next time who will I choose, not hard to guess? :)

• Haha 1

I know Ive said this before but have to again. It makes a big difference for a rep of a firm to come forward and act on what they say and look into on going issues. It takes a lot of the frustration from a customer and inturn looks better for the firm deservedly other firms should learn by this ;) Of course I will stay silent who I am getting at, growl xxxxx Thumbs up from me lee and I dont even use vodafone, but hey next time who will I choose, not hard to guess? :)

Thanks for the excellent recognition here loopinlouie - you've made my day :D

It's always nice to see our work being noticed on CAG and long may this continue.

All the best and if you need any help with joining us in the future you're welcome to give me a shout.

R,

I've just seen your reply to my email and will be coming back to you as soon as I can.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Morning Lee

Thanks for the call last night, nice to have a chat

I hope that what has been found out will help both customers and staff in the future, a little mis-information can cause a lot of problems

If ever you find yourself in my neck of the woods on a weekend I'll buy you a pint

Regards

R

(Will a member of the site team please mark my thread as Resolved . . thanks)

• Haha 1

Title changed to **RESOLVED**

Thanks cerb

R

Good afternoon R,

Thanks for your time on the phone yesterday and for updating thread to confirm that this has been resolved for you.

It's always nice to speak to customers who've have posted a query on CAG to show there's an actual person behind the interventions on here.

As I mentioned yesterday the content you've highlighted has been reported and should be corrected soon so as to prevent any future confusion/dissatisfaction.

Thanks for the offer I may just take you up on that if I should ever visit the capital.

Take care if I can be of anything assistance in future feel free to give me a shout.

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK