style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5015 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Blondie,

If you're considering taking a guarantor loan from them then my honest advice would be don't. They are very unsympathetic towards a person's circumstances and you're likely to be putting your guarantor's home at risk because that's all they're really after. The APR is absolutely ridiculous too...please check other threads on here and MSE for other's experiences. Not good I tell you.

And that's precisely the way they behave: like loan sharks! See they believe that their loan (non-priority debt as it is even though they say otherwise) is more important than food on the table. Forget even the beans then, spend it wisely and give them the money!

I honestly despise the way they behave which is why, after visiting this site, and seeing the amazing advice given, I'm thinking of taking a stance against them. I've sadly not seen a success story when it comes to FLM and I think the reason is people don't wish to create problems for the guarantor .. as a guarantor myself, I'm not affected by their threats. The thought of going to court is an entirely new experience for me but if that's the only way to stand up to these bullies, then so be it.

Honestly, I'm not shirking from my responsibilities as guarantor as I want to pay the debt, but if it's something that I can't afford as I'm no longer working (circumstances beyond my control), how can they expect me to do that?

Some of the letters I've been sent though are really bizarre, trying to guilt-trip me into paying an amount that is basically my entire living cost!