Skytalk Slammed My Line

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4991 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have the other thread updating wether I get my phone back or not:rolleyes:

But wanted to start one on what does a person do and what protections is there for a person when one provider slamms anothers phone line.

I have learnt when a company attempts a take over they have to send two orders:

One to take over line etc...or service

Other to cease the prevous service.

Despite what providers say who dont want the hastle of sorting out thier errors. If one company such as dear old sky slam your line, you would think they would sort it out. Well no as their computer systems are likely to give you an ulcer.

So naughty company says nowt to do with us we cancelled order.

But hero company tells you they have digital proof they did slamm your line adn that they infact boo bood in that didnt cancel both orders.

When a customer is desperatly without hammering each company trying to get her line up urgently, little sympathy is showed by sky. Also current provider are limited in that the cease order still stands and is there to protect a customer who wants to leave, not being held onto without thei permission by previous provider.

I ask you what can ofcom otello do. Anyone know if a nice large fine comes the way of the imbeciles who sell a service yet dont know what the hell they are doing when things go wrong.

All input appreciate, even from naughty dear old sky:rolleyes:

ooH Just found a site that said ofcom has the power to impose fines of up to 10% of turnover for breaches such as slamming. The more breaches, the higher the fine. So I see its important to go to ofcom.

Sky now tell me its different from above, as in they order the line to be provided adn service taken over and tesco agree portal date, heard that one before and therefore if line goes dead it is not skys fault, but I gather they are hinting the disconnection would be tesco if sky had not took me over

Funny this is what hapned a few weeks ago, sky apparantly got work done in the xchange by openreach and tesco who then tell me the order was not carried out fully, half done was mentioned thats why it failed.

As a result the cease order was carried out and my line cut whilst it was not successfully reprovided by sky if that makes sence.

All I know is sky have slammed my line according to tesco and cable adn wireless, so who is there to protect a person when sky deny any error on two occassions, yet other provider happy to put it in writitng.

Who would you believe?;)

Found out if a company is slamming you, you can do something according to ofcom, as long as you know you are being slammed that is. Anotherwords if the first you know is your line goes dead you obvioulsy dont have the 24 hours notice to act. Apparanlty if get letter text etc and realies aproblem up and till 24 hours before take over, you can get your current provider to act and stop it, how I dont know, but they can adn thats according to the ofcom web site. Bit tricky when getting such letters and text and told to ignore them it is cancelled, hhhmmmm.

When slamming occurs you do have the right for your current provider to act adn reinstate your services as soon as they can and if they say they cany you ask why?

Tesco are reinstating my line and it will take up to a week.

What you have to do then is request a copy of the complaints procedure from the offending comapany as is my case sky.

Now I asked sky for a copy of such and told last time, they dont have one and to just right in or refer to website and I could find nothing later or at the time even as my line was of course dead;)

I asked them today again to send me a copy of their customer complaints procedure in the post and am not confident they will do so, so we will see, he didnt deffo say its on the way if you know waht I mean, just check the web site:confused: I thought that was a no no to not send one when asked?

Anyhowonce and if you get that far, hopefully:p you await a response. If not happy with such, you then go to ofcom or otello, I am going to both after finding I think ofcom dont resond personally just act I believe, correct if wrong when many similar cases apepar. Otello on the other hand appear to be the arbitration side, so yes I feel a complaint to both is in the offing.

Then well we wait to see xxxx:D

Ofcom do have the power, but they won't use it. You're a cagger LL, deal with this in writing. It may take you some time but if you forward copies of letters from Sky to Tesco and vice versa the truth may just come out :p

Also google their "Code of practice" and see what their complaints procedures are. I'd assume as they have left you without a necessary alarm system due to their failings that they'd get a little bit of a punishment by any escalated complaint (by either CISAS or Otelo... depending who the wrongdoer subscribes to)

here's a nice little video from OFCOM about how to complain :p

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/consumer/2009/10/video-guide-to-telecoms-complaints/

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Thanks locutus. Yep too much talking to sky who I didnt realise hadnt got a dam clue themselves. Ive learnt that and its also gone as far verbally as could do anyhow. Just got to concentrate on line comming back on and send in the complaints xxx Thanks for the input.

Yep I am a cagger and we learn as we go along;) Thank god for cag I say:DEven if I can learn to keep a note my thread has done that for my bad memory would surely let me down, I can print if off and plonk it down along side a letter, saying briefly:p to point what happened adn attach warning to thread print out, stating you may lose your hair:D:D:D

I am proud to be cagger, just carp at dealing with the emotional side of me, never mind. xxxx