Unfair treatment?

MondeoST24

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4314 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I opened a lloyds account in 2008, actually went into the branch and spoke to someone. I specifically said I wanted a basic bank account that was incapable of going overdrawn. The girl did some checks and said that type of account was all they could offer me anyway. So I took it. I got a basic debit card but no cheque book.

Despite what she said a debit card transaction took me overdrawn, and charges were applied. The charges have been building up month on month and now the account balance stands at circa (-1600.00). Now i'm starting to recieve the various threatagrams from various DCA and also up to 3 phone calls a day.

So question is quite simple, if they do issue proceedings in respect of this balance to I have a defence of unfair behaviour by the bank.

I've managed to find the following

Types of bank account : Directgov - Money, tax and benefits

Quote: You don't get a cheque book with a basic bank account, and you can't take out more money than is in the account ('go overdrawn'). For this reason basic bank accounts are useful for anyone worried about overspending.

Thanks

First Direct, £4031 Recovered

Halifax, £953 Recovered

MBNA Credit Card, £120 Recovered

American Express, £160 Recovered

Coming Soon......

Blackpool Council, £190 in unlawful parking tickets

Carstoppers. £50 from the cowboy clampers