Letter explaining why you failed WCA?

speedfreek
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4997 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning all :)

The letter I received from JCP saying that I'm fit for work states that

We will send you a separate letter explaining the full reasons why you have failed the Work Capability Assessment.

Any ideas on how long this takes or where it comes from? As it's been a week now since that was sent and there's no sign of it

Now I've just called the DWP and they've told me that it's nothing to do with them and that it's down to ATOS (# spits) to write to me.

Is this correct and since I will need this info next week is there anyway I can get it like pronto?

Right I am really confused here :mad:

I thought all decisions on benefit had to come with an explanation from the DM who made the decision?

So I've just rung again and they say they will pass a note to "Medical Service" (or provided on behalf of DWP by ATOS) to get a copy of my medical report sent to me.

Is this correct? Did anybody else get a statement of reasons for your failure off the DWP as surely this should be coming from the DM who decided my claim not ATOS.

Help.... my brain hurts :(

Mine came from the DWP. It was a list of the descriptors with tick boxes to show which ones they disagreed with. I think it came as part of the letter saying my IB had been stopped.

dj

Benefits rules are complex, and although I do try to inform and support people, I may get it wrong because the rules apply to individual claimants and their particular circumstances.

Thanks DJ :)

I'm just trying to figure out how your are supposed to write the initial appeal letter when you are not give any information that tells you how they've come to that decision?

I'm just getting that feeling that something just isn't right and I'm usually correct when that happens.

Any more all welcome :D

I'm off to de-stress by pawning some noobs on Mario Kart for a bit :cool:

Not sure about pawning noobs, I'll have to research that. I'm sure it's above board.:D

dj

Benefits rules are complex, and although I do try to inform and support people, I may get it wrong because the rules apply to individual claimants and their particular circumstances.

Well mysterious letter update. : suspicious :

My protestations at not receiving an explanation have born unexpected fruit :)

The form ESA85 Decision Makers Scoresheet popped through letter box this morn.

I'm quite relieved as it will now give my appeal maker something to work with.

I've also joined the gang with nil points :cool:

hellow speedfreek:)

YOUR ESA 85 should be a copy of your medical report(done by the person who did your medical:confused:)"atos person".

This bit ,ESA65 what i receieved from Belfast BDC (not atos),way back in

Febuary. "here goes";-)

The section in this letter(esa65) callrd your limited capability for work assessment shows the points we have given you. We call this a

"written statement of reasons" for the decision. This not a copy of your medical assessment. if you want a copy of your medical assessment report,please write to us. ( so i phoned up, did not write and was sent a copy of my medical report (ESA 85)

cheers happyhamr:) chin up speedfreek:)

how can a D MAKER scoresheet be a ESA 85:rolleyes:

hellow again speedfreek:)

With regard to your post number 1 , atos did not send me NOTHING.

ALL done/ letters from Belfast bdc.

so , like what you say "my brain hurts as well":) ,and something is not quite right:rolleyes:

cheers happyhamr:)

Well spotted that man :D

It is the actual 23 page ATOS medical report in all it's wonderful glory!

That's hidden behind 3 pages of a filled in by ATOS but not by the DM - DM's scoresheet.

The DM's scoresheet is basically a cover sheet followed by 2 tables one on each page for the scores from the Physical and Mental assessments.

click bellow link for my zero points table :roll:

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

So still no official word from the DM explaining why I failed. :???:

I'm with you on the head hurting :mad: But my work here is done and it's time for tea :D

hellow again, speedfreek:)

I have one these 3 page DECISON MAKERS scoresheet (physical/ mental , 2 tables :rolleyes:)"nil point".;

mine is a ESA 56 (3 page sheet),which i receieved in MAY(bundle of evidence for my reconsideration,first time I SAW IT:confused:

The funny thing is this was dated the 11th of febuary:rolleyes::confused:

yep "something not right" happyhamr:)

mine was 26 pages of ; well , whatever atos person wants it to be.

"for my next TRICK.

Welcome to the Null Pointers speedfreek! :)

I still have my [strong] suspicions that ATOS are far more involved in what a DM should be doing than the DWP would like to confess to...

Best wishes

Rae

Cheers all :D

Well it does say that Mr X (Registered Nurse) Approved Disability Analyst (not sure why that the only thing bolded in 23 pages :lol: ) has produced the report from all the evidence provided, citing additional evidence and ESA50 forms.

So it does sort of suggest (and support the theory) that where a claimant scores very little or zero points all the DM does is sign off their decision without looking at anything.

Dont forget to check if the person really is a registered nurse and then you can complain against them - do this via the Royal College of Nursing wbesite... it can be very revealing - I believe if a nurse only does temporary work they should be reassessed every two years...

Ta sg1 :D

Couldn't figure out how to find em using the RGN site :o

I found em using this link though Search the register | Nursing and Midwifery Council

Don't know how they can have (or put down) the made up title of 'Approved Disability analyst' when there's no 'Recordable qualifications' listed on their records :rolleyes:

According to the ESA Handbook for Medical Professionals.

A 1 hour course on how to greet and speak to 'disabled' people + 1 hour course on using the LIMA computer system. Approved by the DWP conditional on passing a short multi choice test after both lectures.

It's a bit like calling yourself a 'food technology hygienist expert' for scraping the Maccy Ds grills free of fat :lol:

Hi guys. While I was away looking for what a disablity analyst is, you came up with most of the answers. I hope this link will be allowed, I found a lot of job ads for guess who, Atos, for this kind of work.

https://careers.atosorigin.com/fe/tpl_AtosOrigin01.asp?s=MbkMjPUrEcTFkHhTcz&jobid=61335,2371584772

It's all starting to sound rather dodgy.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Like pin the tail on the donkey. A picture of a person in a wheelchair on the wall (Course element 1: How to recognise a disabled person), then a picture of a person in a wheelchair and a person walking with a stick (course element 2: identify which of these can work - both) Congratulations, give the correct answer and you win a shiny framed certificate and the right to make people's lives a misery!

• 2 weeks later...

Well my mystical letter has finally arrived.

Dated 23/07/10 arrived 14/08/10!

As happy stated it's my ESA65 with the DMs reason for decision.

Stamped top right by the "Royal Mail Preston 10.08.10 Mail Opening Unit"

Maybe all the zeros on it opened up a time warp which meant it came in an envelope with a return address of Belfast?

Where has this sweet prince of decision making been for 22 days :confused: