style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My partner got a sppeding ticket a little while ago and for various reasons completely ignored/forgot about it. Anyway, while we were all in bed this morning someone from Marsdens posted a letter through our door asking for over £400.

My partern called this morning and asked for a breakdown of costs, obviously there was court fees, the original fine, £75 for sending the fine to a bailiff and £200 for them to hand deliver the letter!!

Now I dont mind paying all of the fees etc but I think £200 to post a letter is extortionate.

I had no previous correspondence from Marsdens, no letter through the post, although they said today they have sent one. I have no proof they didnt and they cant prove they did.

My partner has said we'll pay the rest but not the £200 for posting the letter and they have said basically they will keep coming out until paid in full and that means more charges. I'm not dodging this fine but thats disgusting.

(my partner was made redundant and has £0 income, he is not entitled to any benefits due to my income but I'm paying for him)

Please help.

My partner got a sppeding ticket a little while ago and for various reasons completely ignored/forgot about it. Anyway, while we were all in bed this morning someone from Marsdens posted a letter through our door asking for over £400.

My partern called this morning and asked for a breakdown of costs, obviously there was court fees, the original fine, £75 for sending the fine to a bailiff and £200 for them to hand deliver the letter!!

Now I dont mind paying all of the fees etc but I think £200 to post a letter is extortionate.

I had no previous correspondence from Marsdens, no letter through the post, although they said today they have sent one. I have no proof they didnt and they cant prove they did.

My partner has said we'll pay the rest but not the £200 for posting the letter and they have said basically they will keep coming out until paid in full and that means more charges. I'm not dodging this fine but thats disgusting.

(my partner was made redundant and has £0 income, he is not entitled to any benefits due to my income but I'm paying for him)

Please help.

The bailiff fees have ben agreed by Contract between HMCS and Marston Group and this provides for an admin fee of £75 for "sending a letter" and if there is no response to this then an "enforcement visit" is made (where goods can be removed) and for THIS visit the bailiff can charge a one off fee of £200.

The bailiff fees have ben agreed by Contract between HMCS and Marston Group and this provides for an admin fee of £75 for "sending a letter" and if there is no response to this then an "enforcement visit" is made (where goods can be removed) and for THIS visit the bailiff can charge a one off fee of £200.

So what your saying is that they can charge both £75 and £200 if they hand deliver a letter.

Surely they must adhere to a progress ie send letter, then visit not letter and visit at one time?

My respect to people who post regularly and help people out on here. Without your help alot of wrongs would have been committed.

They say they have sent one but I can guarentee they haven't and as they don't send letters via recorded delivery what's to stop them saying they have and charging for both a letter and a visit.

But there is no law which requires the debtor to pay these fees.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.