style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3662 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I Would be grateful for any advice regarding a dell xps laptop that i bought around 15months ago,since ive had it i have had to replace the hard drive,as this failed just after the 12 month warranty period,and also it has been in for repair when it would not start up,it now seems as though the screen is playing up and it isnt even paid for yet!! The software on the laptop is always shutting itself down and im getting a bit sick of it do i have any rights i should know about as i dont feel this laptop is upto much and i dont feel like paying for the bloody thing!!!:x:x:x

If you haven't paid for the item yet, what type of finance arrangement have you got? I know that when you pay via credit card, because the product is essentially being purchased on finance, then there is a law which states that the provider of the finance (in my example that would be Visa/Mastercard), can also be held liable for ensuring that the goods/services are provided to a satisfactory standard.

Software issues can usually be resolved by a full reformat / fresh operating system install, but you should probe further the possibility that you can complain to your finance provider that the hardware was not up to standard and should compensate you for the repairs required.