• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

GE Money PPI Claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4985 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi dx

Could you tell me your views on this please.

Took out a loan with GE Money through Freedom Finance in 2004.

Tried to claim back my PPI, but GE Money said I should be speaking with Bespoke, someone I'd never heard of, anyway, to cut a long story short, sent it to FOS.

They said nothing could be done as it was pre- 2005.

OK, now I go over my credit agreement (I have the original) and get this, Broker box is empty, no signature, no stamp, so, I've gone right through my agreements and there is no mention of Bespoke, anywhere!

Now surely, if dealings were done with a company called Bespoke (Isn't that my business and shouldn't I have been told about this?) Not do deals behind my back, without knowledge or consent, especially as it's my PPI and I'm paying the interest on it, and nobody has bothered to mention it to me (the one who's paying) surely that can be deemed as fraudulent?

What do you reckon, secret commisions going on or what? Cos, I smell a bloody rat! Also my PPI is quite clearly written on First National (GE Money) headed paper, not Freedom Finance or Bespoke.

Thanks

Edited by Vonn

Vonn

Thread created for you Vonn. It should be GE Money that deals with your complaint. The other company are under writers, GE Money sold you the package.

To go back that far you would need to use s.32 of the Limitation Act as it was sold to you over 6 years ago.

How much have you calculated?

You should add 8% statutory interest to your claim also.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Thanks ukaviator

Could you get rid of my other thread please, put it there just now as I hadn't seen these replies. (it's under the General tab) Thanks.

Have calculated the 8% interest, I make it £3151.

But GE Money are saying it's down to broker, well, there is no sig or stamp in broker box, it's empty and besides it's on their own headed paper, First National - A GE Company!

Should I just keep at them?

Do you think it's 'secret commissions', I've never agreed to any third party involvement and wasn't even aware of that fact.

Vonn

its GE to fire your arrows at.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I had a go at GE Money a while back for charges going back to 1996 using the act. First National were taken over by GE Money a while back.

So you have an agreement of some sort with the box NOT ticked for the insurance?

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Hi ukaviator

Would you say I had a case against GE Money or Not?

You see, GE Money are stating that I should contact Bespoke, who by the way is a dissolved Co.

My argument is this:

If I am paying the charges, for them (having used a broker) included in my APR, then surely I should have been told prior to any dealings made between First National, Freedom Finance /Bespoke. I knew nothing of this.

Because this information was not disclosed to me, then it has to be a secret commission, right?

I contacted Freedom Finance, they put me in touch with First National (GE Money) who I had the loan from, now I'm wanting to claim back my PPI because it was mis-sold to me (forced on me) they tell me to contact a company I have never heard of - Bespoke.

On top of this, I requested cancellation of the PPI, and they have refused, stating that it must continue until the end of the loan.

The way I see this is, GE Money are the ones collecting payment for PPI, (which is not an ounce of good to me, as I can never claim off it), so surely, they must be the ones who have to refund me? I am being forced to continue payment with PPI.

Thanks

Vonn

yes DEFINATELY.

GE are just putting up a smokescreen to put you off.

go get THEM!!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx

I haven't managed to claim a penny yet, from an Abbey loan, GE Money or Bank charges, beginning to feel worn down trying.

GE Money are just horrible to deal with.

I sent off the amount with added stat interest @ 8%, for £3 151.00, but haven't heard anything yet. In the meantime I've asked the FOS to intervene and check the legalities of my documents i.e. original agreement etc, plus, no info in the broker box suggesting business with broker..

See the FOS turned me down as GE weren't covered by them or GISC, so now I've aksed the FOS to intervene on the underwriter/broker route instead.

I knew absolutely nothing about extra fees etc, just thought GE would have paid Freedom Finance whatever amount, cos that was their business arrangement, you know, we pay you to get us custom, never for a minute thought that I would be charged for that, none of this was disclosed to me. Didn't know things like that went on, what a dirty lot!!!

Where do I go now, or do I have to wait 8 weeks for a response from GE?

Thanks

Edited by Vonn

Vonn

Would the above come under 'Unfair Relationship', could I use that?

Sorry, I'm such a novice when it comes to stuff like this.

Any help, would really be appreciated.

Thanks

Vonn

Vonn

Hi ukaviator

I haven't quite had the loan 6yrs yet, it's 6yrs this September 4th, does that change what I should use now within the law, or do I still use s.32 of the Limitation Act?

What would be my best bet to go for i.e. 'Unfair Relationship' 'Secret Commissions' 'PPI Refund'? Or all 3?

I don't know quite what to do.

Thanks

Vonn

Vonn

have you actually got a copy of the agreement?

dx

and they

My sister took out a loan which had a £2400 (plus interest) Payment Protection Insurance mis-sold with it. We have tried to complain about this and get a refund but Freedom Finance now say they were "acting as an outsourced processor on behalf of the credit broker Bespoke Finance Ltd (formally (sic) Karacus Ltd. It is for these reasons that we are unable to consider your complaint and must reiterate that Bespoke Finance Ltd is the party who are responsible for answering your complaint". Bespoke are based in Gibraltar - I believe this is for tax avoidance on the part of Freedom Finance. My sister had never heard of Bespoke at the time of sale - everything is on Freedom Finance letterhead. We also believe there were irregularities with the loan documents - several illustrations were issued and one was used which seems to have a fraudulent signature on it.

Complain to the CIB and go to the Police. Freedom Finance are still working with Bespoke as far as we can make out from their website small print - there was no such small print in our documents at the time of sale.

Thanks sweetjane

Will take that on board, my agreement is on First National - A GE Company headed paper and broker box is empty, no signature, no stamp.

Absolutely no mention of any broker!

DX

Yes, I do, but my scanner is broke, could take pic with mobie phone and see how it comes out.

Please stay close by.

Thanks

Vonn

Vonn

take several close ups but remember to remove all pers info and barcodes etc

dx

and they

urm...says abbey national at the top of the picture.......

when you contacted the FOS did you send them a copy of the agreement.?

or was this just informal / advise contact and not an official complaint.

i have it on good authority [and recent exp!] that since the recent rulings update on PPI the fos are siding with complainants that have copies of agreements without question. and with no date restriction either.

dx

and they

Hi dx

Yes, I did send all to the FOS as a formal complaint, I wondered why it said Abbey too.

I think it means, that because it's a secured loan and Abbey are who my Mortgage is with. lol.

Any idea where to go from here?

What do you think about the legality of the form, broker box is empty and there's no evidence of commissions paid to anyone, but GE told me to contact Bespoke?

Vonn

Edited by Vonn

Vonn

TBH i'm puzzled by the FOS response, did they actually negotiate with you/GE or did they just immediately write back and say no dice?

dx

and they

No, the FOS had my letters/documents for a few weeks, then wrote to me to say, GE were not regulated by either them or GISC.

So, I sent another lot of info last week asking if they would go another route for me i.e. Underwriter/Broker.

Vonn

Vonn

dx

Just been looking through my agreements, I have 3 copies:

1 white

1 green

1 yellow

The white is the one I posted up for you, the green one and the yellow one has 2 different amounts?

One says £20,000 loan and £3,000 PPI, the other says £20,000 loan and £5,400 PPI?

What's all that about?

Vonn