LEATHER LORDS (e.l.s.) BIRMINGHAM

DICKYT
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4475 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Forgive me if this sounds rude, but if you recently worked for them , and still have a set of keys, what position did you hold? It makes me wonder what part (if any) you took in this [problem]. The bailiffs acting on my behalf are very interested in any information that I can obtain regarding the whereabouts of anyone connected with this company, so if you are genuine in your offer, what about starting with the names of the people involved, where they have gone, where is the furniture hidden away? There are many many people in this area who have been ripped off, and I am determined to do all I can to prevent the perpetrators from getting away with it, and even more, as you quote - "the directors will open up again somewhere else under a different name." I do believe that is an abuse of the phoenix law, and therefore these swindlers need to be charged with fraud.

So please, if you are genuine, do the honourable thing and share your knowledge with all of the victims of these fraudsters.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi - if you paid by debit card, some of them offer a chargeback service, much like credit cards companies do - but you have to claim within 120 days. Please check with your debit card provider, they don't like to advertise this service, but nevertheless it exists, so please try. I found this out too late, well over the 120 day limit. :-( good luck!

i paid £1800 a month ago for a ex display sofa from derby, staff claimed they were moving store so needed to sell the stock, i have since discovered they never moved anywhere. both the recliners have develped faults. rang cannock last week, they told me someone would be round today to inspect it. nobodys answering the phone, nor at the birmingham store. nobody has shown. is there anyway i can get intouch with the manufactures to get it fixed free? and how do i find out who they are. gutted gutted, must admit i did have a feeling in the pit of my tummy, shared this with the sales man, but he reasurred me, nasty piece of work, they shouldnt be allowed to open again under any names, why do manufaures supply them with the sofas, are they in on it to ?

Hi Vikki - where did you get these sofas from in Derby? Is there yet another branch of these [problematic] that we haven't heard of yet??????? What was the name of the store, the address, and why did you contact Cannock? Was it ELS in Cannock that you called?

els was on the meteor retail park in derby,mansfield road, DE21 45Y near dsf, pc world etc. they told me they were moving shops, cash was preffered, they gave me a bigger discount apparently!!! any problems with the sofa to ring cannock, hence why i rung cannock last week, they made me an appointment today for them to inspect it, didnt show. need to find the manufactor of leather sofa its a capricorn 3 and 2 seater sofas, recline. its the reclineing action on 3 out of the 4 seats thats grindding

latest update on mine is, i ordered the suite around the 20th january and was told 12 - 14 weeks for delivery with payment deffered for 12 months. i got fobbed off with one excuse after another, problem with the manufacturer, delayed at the docks etc.. and finally got a phone call off dave to say it would be delivered on monday just gone. they were alredy closed down i believe when he phoned me. i have just contacted the finance company to find out how i stand in cancelling and they told me that leather lords phoned them on 2nd FEBRUARY to say i had recieved my sofa! thats 13 days from the date of order to delivery! they told me not to worry as they are aware of the situation and will be contacting me tomorrow to say that it has been cancelled and im not liable for any payments

hi vikki123

the sales people of the derby store were told that "moving store" was indeed the reason behind the derby store being closed

the only reason the meteor centre store was closed was due to end of short term lease, nothing dodgy about it at all i can confirm

JIPCUS - No, nothing dodgy about it all except Vikki has got swindled, like the rest of us. And as for your so called "belief" that the directors will open up somewhere else under a new name being just a "belief" - come off it, you must have been a part of what was going on, and to do nothing to stop it then, and probably nothing now to help, just goes to show that you are as bad as the rest of them.Perhaps you're actually one of THEM, trying to get information from all of us. Paranoia setting in? Maybe.

If that's not the case, then prove it, you must have imformation that Trading Standards, etc would love to have. GO ON.....DO THE RIGHT THING!

Here's some info from the other thread, (exclusive leather sofas) from another disgruntled soul;

"Hi all,

The Company has gone into liquidation and to make a claim you need to use the following information

Sharma & Co

257 Hagley Road

Birmingham

B16 9NA

01214542700 tel

01214558254 fax

These are apparently the company dealing with the liquidation, hope it helps"

Will be giving them a ring tomorrow....... we will see.

i think your being a bit unfair on jipcus. he didnt have to come on here and offer any information. if you keep accusing him of being part of it, do you really expect he will tell you anything. hes already said that any info he can give, he will.

i think your being a bit unfair on jipcus. he didnt have to come on here and offer any information. if you keep accusing him of being part of it, do you really expect he will tell you anything. hes already said that any info he can give, he will.

thank you garry 22 i will help yourself as much as i can

like you've said i didn't have to put myself forward i have worked for these guys for many years and owe nothing to any of you with all due respect i can and may withdraw my offer of help to all of you at any moment, you have done nothing to encourage me to help you with the abuse you have directed at me, if i owned this company do you think in my mid 30s id be sat here talking to you guys? no i thought not

gary22 you are my priority as you have shown me support

i will email you back in the morning

Hi I am in the situation today I have contacted my bank they have advised me that because I have paid with my debit card the bank will cover this, they will send a form for me to sign and return with receipt and refund should take 7 days. At least I will get something back I paid £1440 in total £700 on my debit card and £740 in cash, I think you should contact your bank and try this. Good luck

I have been a victim too. I paid £3000/- about four months back through my debt card, and on Friday came to know that the store has been closed. Prior to that I have been ringing to inquire about the delivery date but nobody came back to me.

Should the police be investigating this as a fraud? I absolutely agree, these people should not be allowed to get away.

Hi I am in the situation today I have contacted my bank they have advised me that because I have paid with my debit card the bank will cover this, they will send a form for me to sign and return with receipt and refund should take 7 days. At least I will get something back I paid £1440 in total £700 on my debit card and £740 in cash, I think you should contact your bank and try this. Good luck

Hi all, information here from one of the other threads on this site regarding ELS/Leather Lords. (exclusive leather sofas)

It's been posted by Sharma & Co, who were supposed to be deaing with the insolvency. They are NOT, as per their posting below:

We were approached by the Directors to assist in placing Exclusive Leather Sofas Limited (Company Number 04290207) into Creditors Voluntary Liquidation but we are no longer instructed in this matter.

A winding-up petition has been presented and is due to be heard at Manchester High Court on 20th September 2010 at 10.00am. Our understanding is that this petition will not be opposed.

Please refer to the Notice placed in the London Gazette on Tuesday 7th September 2010.

Date:7 September 2010 Issue Number:59538 Page number:17280 Publication Date: Tuesday, 7 September 2010

Notice Code: 2450

Petitions to Wind Up (Companies)

In the High Court of Justice (Chancery Division)

Manchester District Registry No 1812 of 2010

In the Matter of EXCLUSIVE LEATHER SOFAS LIMITED

I am also a victim from this as all of us on this site, we gave our money in good faith only to have that destroyed by people of this nature.

After reading these threads and also promise of a sofa delivery this week, I went up there to find that it shutters were down and the locks being changed by the landlord. The landlord also stated that they owe him 7 months rent to the tune of £23k, I have his number and he is going to give me as much information as he can about who is now dealing with this administration.

I paid £1000.00 deposit with my debit card and have spoken with my bank who have assured me after I sign a declaration from the bank I will be refund, so it is worth getting in touch with your bank and state that 'card details was given in good faith that contract would be completed and unaware that the seller's had no intention of completing the transaction. Basically fraud!!'

The balance of my settee was through finance to whom I have contacted, and they have been taking money from my account even though the goods were not delivered. The Finance Company can not take your money until they have physical proof that delivery was made, and as they do not have a signed delivery note stating that I have received my goods they must reimburse me for what they have taken from my account. They were told by Leather Lords that I had received my goods. Obviously I have cancelled any further payments that may come out of my account.

Then spoken with Consumer Direct, who state I can hold the finance company equally liable under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and was told to write to both companies sending a copy of the letter sent to Leather Lords to the Finance Company (even though you know Leather Lords are never going to receive their letter), stating I want either my goods or my money back within 7 days, which I have done and will send recorded delivery today.

Once I know more, I will let you know.. hope some of this may help a few people in the best way to go. Unfortuately if you paid cash you have no come back.

Hi amck,

great job on speaking to the landlord, and thanks for all the other info. Will you find a few minutes to report to Watchdog as well? I did, it takes literally 5 minutes online, and as other victims have said, the more poeple who do so, increases the chance of an item on the programme. I would just LOVE to see these guys get some real hassle......they deserve it!

Thanks for the reminder on debit card refunds, I'm speaking to my bank and they will refund my deposit, so just the finance company..if I cancel the direct debits will I be in breach of the finance deal even though I haven't received the furniture? Do I continue to pay until everything is officially sorted or run the risk of a bad credit rating for non payment if I cancel??

Thanks for the reminder on debit card refunds, I'm speaking to my bank and they will refund my deposit, so just the finance company..if I cancel the direct debits will I be in breach of the finance deal even though I haven't received the furniture? Do I continue to pay until everything is officially sorted or run the risk of a bad credit rating for non payment if I cancel??

Hi oldchurch, just cancel your credit agreement, stop your payments. The way I understand it is - the store fraudulently advised the finance copany that your goods had been delivered. The crime is with them not you. Put it in writing to the finance company, and to the store - even tho they are not there - that you are stopping the payments becuase the goods were never delivered. I am sure that the finance company will already be aware of what's been going on. Good luck.