• Tweets

• Not sure about the lease read through all the documents i have and couldnt find anything about parking. Contacted the management Office to get a copy sent to me. When i complained to them about the ticket they told me to appeal so they clearly don't care.      and yes it's a gated underground parking area with key fob entry. 
    • The coronavirus pandemic has thrown many countries into recession - but what exactly is it and how could it affect you? View the full article
    • Oh and before bed   Officially leaked statements about a PHE report claiming that a UK study will say there is little evidence of children transmitting Covid.   Leakers stats look impressive until you realise he's on Johnson's SAGE so makes you think - huh - hows that then when all the science I've seen says different, and there are a number of reports of spreads in schools across the world from schools that had opened.   Then, little as the information 'leaked' is, you see   "largest studies in the world on coronavirus in schools" and then "The study was carried out in 100 institutions in the UK and is expected to be published later this year. About 20,000 pupils and teachers in 100 schools across England were tested to monitor the spread of the disease up to the end of the summer term – which runs from April-July in Britain."   Then you click. That averages 200 pupils and staff per 'institution' checked We dont know what these institutions are, but I think over 200 is the average for infants schools. Other schools tend to be FAR larger. Did they test everyone at each institution, or just some ??? we don't know yet - they are choosing not to leak that - Wonder why?   We currently understand that younger children (pre teenage) seem to present few/less symptoms  (statistically) but large increases in teenager covid has been reported as lockdowns ease and they start to meet more.   I know my OH's grandson (mother a nurse) has remained at school in classes one third or less that normal, with the majority of kids having front line worker parents - so well aware of the discipline and hygiene necessary. We know the schools maintain distancing, monitoring and maintenance which would be IMPOSSIBLE in normal class sizes.   So in a lock down situation, with class sizes significantly lower than normal (highly aware front-line workers kids mainly), increased distancing and cleaning made possible by SIGNIFICANTLY smaller class sizes - Has maybe resulted in no great evidence of covid spread perhaps?   Well Whoopy do. Lets ramp the class sizes back up to 30+ and see what happens ..     Lets let the mail lead the way Coronavirus infection rates are rising in ALL age groups under 65, Public Health England data shows with biggest surge in under-fives which 'should be watched very carefully' https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8615423/Coronavirus-infection-rates-rising-age-groups-65-Public-Health-England-data-shows.html     and the ONS stats showing how similar the stats are (a statistically significant  difference can be very little actual difference)   https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/articles/coronaviruscovid19infectionsinthecommunityinengland/july2020     Notes: These statistics refer to infections reported in the community, by which we mean private households. These figures exclude infections reported in hospitals, care homes or other institutional settings.  
    • i understand and agree you should write a formal letter of complaint about the email by royal mail.   i also think you should totally dispute the arrears balance, esp as it goes back so long   send them an sar and add to the text in it that you want statements/bills dating back to the gb energy a/c.
    • When you see the reports coming out that serco was involved from the earliest stages apparently to give expertise   and that resulted in 18 million plus people coming back into the UK untested from hotspots .. and then even the general advice to self isolate after they had travelled across the UK home being withdrawn in the run-up to the lock down   That went well says cummings      
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
itsalongwayback

incorrect original account number

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3666 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

:???::???::???: good afternoon

Just after a quick piece of advice before contacting a dca to arrange a payment plan on a notice of asignment the original account number should be 16 digits long however they are only showing 13 digits and the same on the alleged covering letter from the original ceditor, both arrived in the same envelope.

is this notice of assignment valid

also there is no mention of cca on this notice

thanks

Don't contact the DCA by phone.

The account could have been sold which would explain the different ref. number. How old is this account and who is the DCA?

Also, is it Account Ref: or Account No:

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

Not sure what you mean there is no mention of CCA on the Notice?

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Hi

Its from a certain operation in Leeds

account number 13 digits (original account 16 digits)

acc type : BC

new ref NO.xxxxxxxx

Same details on letter alleged from OC and on DCA letter

Default 2 years ago

last statement 2 years ago

started 4 years ago

Thanks

sorry my mistake over cca reference was looking back at a notice from another account

Thanks

Hi

Its from a certain operation in Leeds

account number 13 digits (original account 16 digits)

acc type : BC

new ref NO.xxxxxxxx

Same details on letter alleged from OC and on DCA letter

Default 2 years ago

last statement 2 years ago

started 4 years ago

Thanks

You're being very cloak and dagger about this...

The account is Barclaycard.. yes? If the DCA is in Leeds, then it could be in-house... Mercers or Calder Financial spring to mind.

If it's not one of these, please say. The only reason I'm asking you is because we know how some of them work.

sorry about being cloak and dagger

yes its bc

and the dca is lowell portfollio

Thanks

sorry about being cloak and dagger

yes its bc

and the dca is lowell portfollio

Thanks

Ok... no worries. :)

Lowell are not in-house... so before you start thinking about repayment plans, send off a CCA request to see if they have the legal right to collect on it.

The template is on here, enclose a PO for the £1 fee (not a cheque) and don't sign it in the normal way.... do a "signature" in block capitals. just in case someone is tempted to scan it onto an "Agreement".. :cool:

Send off by rec. delivery, keep the receipt and wait. In the meantime, don't talk to them on the phone and if they try to reach you, hang up.

Thanks

for the responses so far will do so, somehow I think they will not have the doc's and will only send out a true copy am i right in saying its still 14 days for there response

Thanks

for the responses so far will do so, somehow I think they will not have the doc's and will only send out a true copy am i right in saying its still 14 days for there response

Yes... 12+2 days (postage/delivery).... although in reality, if they produce it at any point afterwards, it can be re-enforced right up until the debt is stat-barred.