casey

Lastminute.com hotel amendment

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3625 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My daughter booked two hotel rooms through Lastminute.com (for October) and has now found that she has to amend the booking to the following weekend. She contacted the hotel who were quite amenable to alter the booking but said that she must amend through lastminute. To cut a long story short she has spent several hours talking to various people and they told her that she could not amend the booking - they have contacted the hotel and the hotel got back to my daughter and said that lastminute tried to cancel the booking but did not tell them that she wanted to amend the booking to another date.

Lasminute say she cannot amend the booking and cannot have a refund. She has now spent over £10 on phone calls to Central Reservations and been passed about from person to person. One person said that there was no problem and they could amend the booking but when passed back to Central Reservations they deny that there was anyone by the name of ..... working for them. She has been left hanging on the phone listening to music for ages now. Basically she has been given different stories by different people.

She certainly does not want to cancel if she doesn't get her money back (less an administration fee of course) but does not want them to benefit by being able to re-book the room at her expense.

I have used lastminute a lot in the past but will certainly never use them again.

Lastminute said that a supervisor would ring back within an hour. That was over two hours ago but no ring back. They have, however, sent a customer satisfaction survey!!!!!!!

At last someone did ring (after seeing my post here). They said that the money was not refundable (they were not asking for a refund). Despite the hotel confirming that it was okay with them to amend the booking and that they had a vacancy for the required dat and despite the details confirming that amendments could be made (at a fee) it was found that when lastminute tried to amend the booking there was no vacancy. They said that they would try to see if there was a cancellation but could not promise anything. There would be no refund. Had they acted immediately instead of over a week later they would have been able to amend the booking to the date required. As it is now it seems that my daughter has lost the payment for the hotel and the cost of the tickets (over £300 tickets and £120 hotel). I am really annoyed about this as I could have found them a much more inexpensive deal in the first place.

In light of the above is there any way of reclaiming the payment (including the costs of phone calls when they were just left hanging on for ages (over an hour at a time) or will we just have to try and resell through ebay?

Just a quick note to say that this has now been resolved and the booking has been amended to the required date. Thanks to the lastminute rep who sorted it out - sorry I can't remember your name.

Lastminute as well known for not being flexible when making booking amendments.

I was stung several years ago when I needed to make a minor change. Their fees are also very expensive and their severity is unexplained. Strictly speaking they can only charge reasonable costs. Check with your bank - did you pay by credit card, you might have some recourse and/or if you booked travel insurance with lastminute.com - you can make a claim.

But fair to say then Lastminute thelselves totally screw a booking and booked me into the wrong hotel (over 6000 miles away), they did re-book and gave a free upgrade without question.

Professional property investor and conveyancer