Notice To seize Goods... Advice On My Grounds As Slightly Confused.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4991 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

No, actually, I was qouting you or paraphrasing you not using sarcasm. Hence the use of the speach/quotation marks.

Reason I said it is because I suffer with extremely agonizing tendinitis in both arms, I am also disabled so was merely expressing how I know what agony it is. So I know exactly how it feels, but also the problems it causes. No misunderstanding intended. My MO is to help, I speak both directly and plainly.

Now, follow the very good advice Letdothis is trying to give you about this plus everyone else who has contributed in how to now deal with this. Ignore the stupid rude woman at the council who has been sarcastic to you by the very expedient of being rude. Forget what you have heard about them as well, it's how this situation is now dealt with. Correctly.

Then again I apologise, I didn't realise I'd said that myself. Tendinitis is what I've told it is, it hurts worse than when I broke it a few years ago and a sick 2st toddler who demands to be carried about is really not helping matters. With her dodgy stomach today and my strapped up wrist it's really not making for fun or easy nappy changes! 8-)

Thank you for your help and also to Letsdothis, I'm starting to see this as not as big a deal as it was a few hours and can be easily sorted with the right advice I'm being given here.

The original debt was £60, I assume I incurred £30 court costs so the rest is added on my Jacobs. Do I pay the council just the £60 or the court fees as well? I'm hoping I can pay it tomorrow but we have £1200 going out today and only slightly more than that coming in which means we're going to be very tight for money this week as it is.

In which case your liability to the council is £90 - Being tight on money for a week will give you much needed relief, and certainly worth eating beans on toast if needed.

So pay that online and forget about Jacob's. They are just **** imo

"From April 1998 you should get a letter from the council telling you how much you owe and warning you that a bailiff will call if you do not pay the debt within 14 days. It will also tell you who to contact at the council if you have a query. Contact the council and try to make an arrangement to pay what you can afford immediately. If the council agrees then they can stop bailiffs being called out and save you extra fees."

I never received that.

Ugh, I hope the weather stays bad if they can just come in through a window I'm keeping mine firmly closed and locked!

letsdothis has given you loads of solid advice as long as the bailiff does not get a levy you will be OK you will have to pay Jacobs there fees correctly quoted at £42.50 in total

you only owed the council £60 however they will have taken you to court to gain a liability order this is why the debt has increased find out from the council the exact amount of the liability order don't trust the bailiffs figures

Do as above and you will be fine and stop worrying, they are just glorified bullies, but not at all glorious. When they go shopping every week, they buy gallons of Horlicks.

I truly hope so!

I will phone the council tomorrow for the exact amount I owed and then pay them that. Then I'll just have to deal with Jacobs, I think they are making their figures up, so I'll be sure to find out exactly what they can charge me for and nothing else.

Try and pay the council rather than Jacobs you will have bailiff fees £42.50 in total

keep them out of your house don't leave anything in your garden that can be levied (garden furniture,lawn mower etc if you have a garage,garden shed,greenhouse keep them locked keep you door locked at all times don't open the door to them

stick to that and don't let them levy and you will be OK

I don't have a front garden and they back they can't see without climbing my gate and walking down the side of my house, which I assume they can't do legally?

Statutory Instrument 1998 No. 295

The Council Tax (Administration and Enforcement) (Amendment) Regulations 1998

Information preliminary to distress

45A. - (1) No distress shall be made under these regulations unless, no less than 14 days before a visit in connection with the distress is first made to the premises where it is to be levied, the authority have sent to the debtor written notice of the matters specified in paragraph (2) below.

(2) The matters are -

(a) the fact that a liability order has been made against the debtor;

(b) the amount in respect of which the liability order was made and, where this is a different amount, the amount which remains outstanding;

© a warning that unless the amount specified has been paid before the expiry of 14 days beginning on the date of the sending of the notice, distress may be levied;

(d) notice that if distress is levied further costs will be incurred by the debtor;

(e) the fees prescribed in Schedule 5 to these Regulations;

(f) the address and telephone number at which the debtor can communicate with the authority."

In which case your liability to the council is £90 - Being tight on money for a week will give you much needed relief, and certainly worth eating beans on toast if needed.

So pay that online and forget about Jacob's. They are just **** imo

Lol. Best hope my toddlers tummy bug clears up then so I don't have to buy any more nappies this weekend and she can use her potty... I can cope with beans on toast for the week but between the prepay gas/electric and nappies I'm already looking at £50 outgoing before even buying food. I don't think we have much more than that left. :rolleyes:

Okay, my plan is...

Phone the council tomorrow, get the exact amount I owed, plus court fees, pay them online.

Ignore Jacobs unless they come to the door, offer them £42.50 and nothing else, won't let them in, won't leave my windows open, stick my car in the garage out the way (which is maybe best with the current WF issue).

Eat beans on toast for the week, buy some cloths and a bottle of disinfectant and cross my fingers. :)

I don't have a front garden and they back they can't see without climbing my gate and walking down the side of my house, which I assume they can't do legally?

yes they can as long as they don't do any damage climbing the fence

have you checked to see if the bailiff is certificated to Jacobs

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bailiffs-sheriff-officers/210956-line-search-check-if.html

Okay, my plan is...

Phone the council tomorrow, get the exact amount I owed, plus court fees, pay them online.

Ignore Jacobs unless they come to the door, offer them £42.50 don't open the door to him send them the £42.50 and nothing else, won't let them in, won't leave my windows open, stick my car in the garage out the way (which is maybe best with the current WF issue).

Eat beans on toast for the week, buy some cloths and a bottle of disinfectant and cross my fingers. :)

apart from that your good to go :)

This link is one of the best to read online.

http://www.advicenow.org.uk/advicenow-guides/consumer-and-money-problems/dealing-with-bailiffs/

Make sure you read it all, particularly about baillif charges, as many try to get away with overcharging.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

This link is one of the best to read online.

Dealing with bailiffs - Consumer and money problems - Advicenow guides - Advicenow

Make sure you read it all, particularly about baillif charges, as many try to get away with overcharging.

Ahh, thank you. I'll read that tonight when my kids in bed. Also, thanks for getting the Wombles theme stuck in my head! lol :p

Okay, my plan is...

Ignore Jacobs unless they come to the door, offer them £42.50 and nothing else, won't let them in, won't leave my windows open, stick my car in the garage out the way (which is maybe best with the current WF issue).

Pay the council this week, pay the bailiff's £42.50 next week or the week after. They have no legal right to levy or try to getting in your house once the liability (£90) has been paid.

Pay them the money when you are ready to do so. Do not struggle for a week, for them to be paid. Let them wait a week.