Have Halifax made a 'usable' error here?

Guest Cartaphilus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5012 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Cartaphilus

Okay, not scanning it as it's quicker for me to type. This is for what I thought was a bank account with them ... as you will see I am not so sure now:

As you have broken the terms and conditions of your account, we recently sent you a 'default notice'.

You have failed to make the necessary payment by the date shown in the notice. As a result we have ended your credit agreement.

We have now referred your account to our Debt Recovery Department (that'll be Albion, then). We will not send you any more notices about the matter so you should phone us immediately (no), on the number above, to agree a payment arrangement (no because it won't be in my best interests to do this over the phone with you and because you will set it at a level you 'think' is 'acceptable' and agreeable to yourselfs).

You can pay by:

credit card or debit card

cheque or postal order; or

standing order or direct debit

If you ignore this letter, we will take further action to recover the amount you owe us. This action could be to take you to court or appoint collection agents who will contact you about collecting your payment. You will have to pay all fees and costs relating to the action we take (oh, yes, and who says that I have to?)

Okay, so they are clearly referring to this agreement as a 'credit agreement'. Can I use this at all eg CCA them?

Guest Cartaphilus

Not exactly sure. I will have to check that. I haven't really looked at the default notice they supplied, either, just to see if it had been worded correctly. Which also may help this situation. It's only a small amount anyway eg not thousands.