How do you like it now Lloyds!?

cantsay
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6295 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sent off my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to Lloyds yesterday, by email and letter. Spent all this week reading the info' on the site after discovering a link on MSE. Quite angry with myself for putting up with the rubbish the banks automatons spout. In one month a couple of years ago I got charged £540!! for returned DD's!!! total amount owed to me, on my first calculation is about £3500 not including interest. Will post exact amount when I get it. Now going to enjoy the boot being on the other shoe!!

Sounds like you're prepared with all the reading you've been doing. Best of luck with your claim.

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thank you. I have a question for you, do the banks always pay the money into the account (Mine is in default) I would rather not let the bank swallow it back up, I have other creditors and would rather divide it evenly. Apologies if this is a question that has already been asked somewhere.

See Mjanets thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/1777-mjanet-lloyds-unconditionally-4.html

She managed to get a claim settled unconditionally and by cheque.

Lloyds TSB - £972

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

Woolwich - £2288

Offered half

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I guess the point is, if you want a cheque hang on and be strong and firm with them. You are suing them, not the other way round.

Lloyds TSB - £972

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

Woolwich - £2288

Offered half

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

you may get Lloyds wanting to pay it in the account to pay off any monies you owe them - I do believe they are within their rights to do this and they could possibly end up counterclaiming against you for the outstanding amounts - this is only as possibility though - you don't want to push your luck if you see what I mean

• 1 month later...

Received all the necessary Info from Lloyds at the weekend. Total comes to £3,644, without adding interest! Will be sending them the approach for payment letter today. Now, do I add interest in that letter, like on the template, or not until court action like it says on some threads?

If you're referring to the statutory section 69 8% interest cantsay, you wait until court action before even mentioning that.

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Ah, in that case then yes - by all means go after the interest :)

Overdraft interest is a sticky issue though. You've probably seen it commented before, but often it is more difficult to calculate than it's worth. The thing to bear in mind is that it's proportional to the charges you've received, you can't just unilaterally claim back all the overdraft interest you've ever paid.

There's also the argument about claiming contractual interest rates. I'll be dipping my fingers into this when I finally get my statements back for my second run vs Lloyds, but there is a thread on the General forum which will help if you're interested in trying.

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

It's the overdraft interest I'm referring to Reload.

I think Reload has misred your intentions.

I'm taking it that you mean contractual interest (i.e. at the unauthorised borrowing rate set out by the bank compounded daily?). If so then include it now as it is part of the claim.

Make sure you use the great spreadsheet provided by Mindzai to calculate compound interest if you arent sure how to do it.

Tell you the truth I'm confusing myself. On the initial approach for payment template it says "What I require

I calculate that you have taken £XXXXX plus £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £XXXXX . "

So what is the interest that you dont put on til court action?

The 8% statutory interest is left until court action.

Tell you the truth I'm confusing myself. On the initial approach for payment template it says "What I require

I calculate that you have taken £XXXXX plus £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £XXXXX . "

So what is the interest that you dont put on til court action?

The line

"What I require: I calculate that you have taken £XXXXX plus £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £XXXXX."

Doesn't take into account the contractual interest at all. You'd have to reword it to something like:

"What I require: I calculate that you have taken £XXXXX of charges plus £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. I also request interest at the same rate as your unauthorised borrowing rate (29.8%) for all unlawful charges levied againts my account from the date of the charge until the date of settlement, currently this stands at £XXXX but increases daily."

On that note I do not reccommend you use my wording for this, someone else will have done a much better version - I'm just trying to highlight where it fits in :)

I made a couple of errors when i first added up the charges (Excitement I think!) The total amount I am claiming is £3,450. I have inputted this into the 8% spreadsheet and the interest comes out as £725, so in total £4,175. But as discussed I dont add on the interest until it's filed at court?

Exactly cantsay.

Edit: Might be worth a look at contractual interest though ;)

• Confused 1

Thanks relaod. I think ive got info' overload! I read so many threads before I sent my SAR letter off. Waited three weeks for it to arrive and now Ive forgotten a lot of the basic stuff!! Best I re-read the FAQ's and some more threads again!

Sent off my request for payment yesterday for £3,450.By email and recorded delivery to the Birmingham address most people have been using. I addressed the email to David Just and got a reply to say he had moved departments (Must be fed up with being so busy due to CAG members!) and that it would be forwarded to the Manager of the Complaints Unit within Service Recovery. Looking forward to them immediately caving in and sending me a cheque!!

• 3 months later...

Changed firms in November so been busy concentrating on my Job! Got the usual "go away" response from lloyds. Sent off LBA and filed my claim on MCOL on the 5th Jan.Yesterday was the day they had to respond by, and of course they didn't. so have today applied for judgement.

The Court has issued Judgement, phoned the helpline up today and they said I could apply the warrant at anytime. Lloyds have not corresponded with me at all so I might as well pursue the warrant immediately. Has anyone else had this?