Scottish Power refuse to budge where Scottish Hydro admit problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4991 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As you might have seen in another thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/utilities-gas-electricity-water/269847-edf-overcharged-me-1400-a.html

My father has recently asked me to take over his finances, for various reasons. He lives in a very small one bed flat that uses E7 (two storage heaters for whole flat). Looking through his outgoings, his monthly electricity bill was £87, which I immediately knew was too high. I contacted his provider Scottish Hydro (Scottish and Southern), and after a few meter readings over the course of an evening, we established his readings were transposed. Scottish Hydro resolved the problem immediately (a lovely woman called Fiona McKay has been absolutely brilliant: understanding, friendly, efficient and most importantly for a power company - honest - and calls you back when she promises!), and refunded my father £1400.

Dad moved to Scottish Hydro in May 2006, prior to which he had been with Scottish Power since 1998 when he moved into the property. By a remarkable stroke of luck, dad had a bill from Scot Power from December 2005, and it was evident from the readings, that Scot Hydro had inherited the problem of transposed readings from Scot Power. I have sent a letter and called Scot Power who have confirmed they were billing dad with

Rate 1: night

Rate 2: day

Which for my father is incorrect.

Now Scot Power are refusing to refund any money - they even refuse to admit how much the overcharged in that 8 year period. We have written evidence from Scot Hydro to say that Rate 1 is day, and Rate 2 night. But Scot Power don't care.

What can we do? I believe there is a Scot Power rep on here. if you have any clues, please pitch in.

Thanks!

Hi kimdunja

I've also replied to your post on MoneySavingExpert. I have copied my response below:

I'm very sorry to hear about your situation. I do not know why we have been so unhelpful in this situation, but if you have evidence to confirm that your father was overpaying then this should be investigated by us.

I will be more than happy to check the billing details for your father and see if I can confirm when his readings were transposed and if we can return money to your father. If you send me the relevant details privately then I will investigate and get back to you.

Kind Regards

Colin @ ScottishPower