DCA's and another New trick concerning CCJ's

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3713 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi there

The antics of DCA's such as Crappyquest and the like never cease to amaze me.

A colleague of mine was delighted when a CCJ was dismissed because the creditor's solicitors had failed to turn up at the hearing.

However a few days later the DCA is appealing this on the grounds that their Solicitor couldn't attend Court becase he was mugged on the way to the hearing . :D:D

I've NEVER EVER heard of this one --if you or your legal representatives don't turn up at to the hearing at the appointed time then it's all over.

Othewise people could go on for ever such as The Tubes were too slow etc etc.

I'm not sure what the actual case law is but surely it IS encumbent on the relevant parties to attend Court at the time and place the case is scheduled to be heard.

Cheers

jimbo

They'd have to provide the evidence to court, crime ref number etc but if it was the case I would assume they'll get another date etc....not sure of the process mind.

I can see the summing up comments by you though ' Your Honour, there have been two muggings not one, the claimants solicitor may very well have been mugged on his way to court and whilst it is regrettable it says nothing to the fact that over the years the claimant has consistently mugged me when taking payments for a debt that does not exist ...etc etc

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

At the very least I would expect a Police Crime Number to be produced?

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.