MR DEBT

Newbie - Let Battle Commence !! :-)

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3650 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

briefly... got into debt with MBNA credit card... got in touch with Payplan... they took over the payments on Nov 2004 with the debt @ £3246.36 !! :(

Payplan like to emphasize 'interest rates & charges can not be frozen'... Hmmm... ok i suppose !! :)

to date via Payplan... iv found out that i have paid a total of... ... £7847.10 !! :eek:

iv phoned up MBNA & they said i still owe £2594.71 !! :mad: :mad: :mad:

so going to get Payplan to provide evidence of the payments totalling £7847.10 & going to get MBNA (customer advocate office) to provide a breakdown of all charges & interest if possible via a Recorded Delivery Letter !? :rolleyes:

is this correct & then send it of too Office of Fair Trading... is this the best plan of action !? :confused:

BTW... GREETINGS !! Brian :-D

Have a read of the Banking and Lending Codes - links on this posting:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-2955770.html

But before you start taking any action write your letter asking for a breakdown of the charges levied on the account. It may also be a good idea to make a SAR for all the information that MBNA hold on you (Cost £10 and they have 40 days to comply).

If you use the Banking/Lending codes and complain to FOS remember that these codes are 'voluntary' and are not, as far as I know, legally enforceable. FOS will take for ever to do anything but you may find that MBNA may not want the hassle and may accept that you have paid enough on the account (knowing MBNA very unlikely as they try to screw you into the ground every which way they can).

If you think the charges are excessive (which they undoubtedly are) I would place the account in dispute. It seems MBNA have had very much more than their pound of flesh from you.

Hi,

I wouldn't bother with the FOS as yet.

Get the SAR in. Letter 11 here:

The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

Make sure all letters go by Recorded Delivery at the very least.

Once you get your statements back, you will be able to work out exactly how much they have stiffed you for, add the interest they have been charging you and reclaim it.

If you had PPI on the account which you didn't need, want or know about, claim that back too.

From what you say, it is likely that you have more than paid off this debt so any refund would clear any arrears and give you a lump sum.

Be prepared for a fight though. Banks don't like to give in easily

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

thanks guys... much appreciated... wheels have been put in motion !! :)