Poss. Unfair dismissal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5011 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My sister-in-law, is one of a group of carers, visiting and looking after elderly/disabled people in their own homes. a couple of months ago she hurt her back, whilst using a hoist on one of her clients, she has worked for the company for 8-9 months, since she hurt her bach, on and off , currently off.

She was recently called into the office, and dismissed, supposedly on the grounds of breaches of confidentiallity.

I believe, from what she told me, this was just an excuse, as they have mentioned before about the amount of time she has had off due to her back.

I.m due to see her at the weekend, and will get more info from her,

I suspect she may have grounds for unfair dismissal, not sure yet, I've advised CAB, as a start point.

Any other suggestions welcome.

How long was she employed for in total?

What are the supposed breaches of confidentiality that she was dismissed for?

Only for 8-9 months in total, first 3 mths probationary, then verbally extended from then on.

Breaches of confidentiality, comments made to other carers, who have equall responsabillity for same clients, comments not made by her.

Hi Honeybee.

"Hi furnitman. Have they confirmed anything in writing"?

No not yet, all verbal so far.

Thanks madari,

I'll be seeing her tomorrow, i'll let her know, and try and find out a bit more detail, discrimination may be an option, or her back injury, which was work related, though not logged down, (so may be another dead end), we'll see.

Thanks again

alan