is your esa money cut off...

norby500
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5018 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It is cut off but when they receive your appeal letter they should pay you at the assessment rate up until the tribunal.

You have to ring them to make sure that you do get paid though and ask them about whether you have to send medical certificates in.

dj

Benefits rules are complex, and although I do try to inform and support people, I may get it wrong because the rules apply to individual claimants and their particular circumstances.

i already have a gut feeling that i didnt make enough (if any) points to go ahead, so i am just preparing myself for a appeal now....i just thought tat because of the appeal and so on and if i send my letter within 3/4 days of receiving it that they will pay me my benefits?

It is cut off but when they receive your appeal letter they should pay you at the assessment rate up until the tribunal.

You have to ring them to make sure that you do get paid though and ask them about whether you have to send medical certificates in.

dj

Do they backdate the money when they receive your decision to appeal, or only pay you, pending the appeal, from that point?

With respect I would like a specific answer. Thanks.

Yes they backdated me the couple of weeks it took to lodge the appeal.

Mine is an IB case and I used to get £183 per fortnight, now it's £52 per week up to the tribunal.

The reason I say phone them to make sure is because I had to really push them to get information and I was even given false info. They told me to send in med certs when it turned out I don't have to.

I don't trust them to do anything right until they are pressed into doing it.

dj

Benefits rules are complex, and although I do try to inform and support people, I may get it wrong because the rules apply to individual claimants and their particular circumstances.

What I'm saying is that your benefit is stopped when you get the letter saying, "not enough points".

Then you appeal (ask for appeal form GL24 in advance if I were you), then you make sure they got your appeal and will carry on paying you.

dl

cool thanks, can i request for tis form online? and i am just waiting for my letter to come through stating not enough points then i will file my claim right away. i was going to fill out the form they send you with the decision and then fill out a template letter somebody posted here with my own views in it...

You can send your own letter of appeal and I don't know if you can get GL24 online. Probably. It's only got a tiny box to write your reasons for appealing in anyway but you can add an extra sheet of paper yourself.

dj

Hello norby500. Can I also recommend my humble sticky on this forum that has information on appeals and links to the DWP. Dokto John is right about the GL24.

Later on, it should help with a tribunal, if your case goes that far.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

hey thanks for the advice off both of you, my aim is to wait on the decision letter then fill out the g24 form and add in an additional letter, i am going to use the sticky threads letter template to my needs :) :)

my main issues are:

not being paid when they reach my decision until i file the appeal.

getting the form filled in and sent off for the appeal.

thanks again you guys

So am I correct in thinking that if you fail the WCA the DM at the DWP makes the decision that you are no longer entitled to ESA Assessment, and that your claim ends on the date of the letter. This letter will then take a few days to arrive, then you have to appeal, so once the appeal is received by the DWP do they then backdate your claim to the date of the decision letter so that you dont lose any money. Can anyone please clarify this. Thanks.

Yes joeblogs that is correct.

dj

i've always been on the assessment rate of 52£ per week, so will i not continue to get this during filing my appeal?

Is it really only £52 a week then? I thought that whilst you're awaiting an appeal you're meant to try and claim another benefit to tied you over as £52 is well below even JSA?

You can choose to sign on to JSA if you want to and it won't affect your appeal.

I just don't feel well enough to sign on.

dj

So can any other benefit such as IS (If it's still going that is) top up that amount? Also I've read that If you think your condition has deteriorated recently that you can try putting in a new ESA claim whilst the other is waiting to clear.

To expect anyone ill to live off £64 is bad enough, but £52, when some doesn' have any other form of income sems utterly ridiclous/cruel to me. But then saying that, thats the government all over isn't it. :(

Also does anyone know if that assessment rate whist waiting for an appeal to be heard is means tested or not? I'm on None means tested IB benefit and expect to be thrown off it like many others on here, and so will have to seek a tribunal hearing too. Is that assessment rate an extension of my original claim and so none means tested or is is looked upon as a new claim or something else? I can never seem to figure that one out.

Is it really only £52 a week then? I thought that whilst you're awaiting an appeal you're meant to try and claim another benefit to tied you over as £52 is well below even JSA?

£52 is the weekly rate of ESA for single people under 25. This applies to JSA also, I believe. IB will likely be different.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

It is complicated worry wort. I was shocked when they told me £52pw.

I was on IB but the IS type of IB. So they said I would get 80% of my IS and no Disability Premium while waiting for tribunal. That's a loss of about £40pw.

I don't fully understand all of your question though.

dj

Well I'm waaaaay over 25 I'm afraid. ;)

So does anyone know about the means tested bit of these assessment rate payments? I mean I'm currently on none means tested form of IB as I've paid enough stamps etc. So when I have to go to tribunal and so end up receiving assessment rate payments are they also none means tested?

I was on IB but the IS type of IB. So they said I would get 80% of my IS and no Disability Premium while waiting for tribunal. That's a loss of about £40pw.

Dear god, thats appalling!