Re: Simply Be - Reliable Collections

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4904 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm having some difficulties with simply be and reliable collections as are a lot of other people.

I've had my account with simply be for about 5 years. It was only about 18 months ago I ever missed a payment. I suffered identity theft and lost my job and home, and I'm now not working due to a health condition. The interest on the account is killing me. I was paying £40 a month, which was difficult, but I thought I was getting somewhere. When I looked at my subsequent bills I saw that over half of that was interest and charges. They've now passed my debt to reliable collections. I have no experience with this kind of thing. I'm 25 and I've never defaulted on anything before and I have a feeling they're railroading me. I've agreed with reliable collections to pay £45 a month, direct debit, and simply be have cut my account off. However, when I received a letter recently, it said that I'm still being charged interest on the debt, even though its now with a collection agency. I really don't understand what I can do, or even how to go about it. Can I get them to stop the credit interest? or freeze it? The debt has gone up to over £1000 now, and I don't even have a breakdown of where that sum comes from.

Please, I need some help. I'm drowning, and it feels like I'll never get this debt paid off.

Thanks for your time everyone.

Tillyoulostme

cca them

the charges can all be reclaimed plus intererst!

what about ppi too?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

We crossed posts.

If you have been speaking on the phone to them, stop it.

If they send you a CCA (Consumer credit agrement, the thing you signed) remove your personal details and post it here for us to go over. If they do not send anything after 14 days* then stop ALL payments. You are legally entitled to do this untill they provide the paperwork.

If and when they do provide you with something enforcable then Im assuming your on JSA or some other benefit as your not working, tell them, not ask them.... Tell them you will be paying £5 month untill you have sorted yourself out.

Its your money and no debt collector can tell you how to spend it. The have no legal powers, they prey on people thinking they are all powerfull. THEY ARE NOT.

*Its actually 12 days + 2 for the postman to deliver.

Edited by ashmk

If you are 100% sure you did not sign anything on paper or tick an online tickbox then its game, set and match to you.

They have nothing on you and can do nothing to you but follow the process and do it properly with the CCA letter.

I definitely didn't sign anything. They sent me a threatening letter and I called them up to try and explain. I wasn't told that the interest would carry on and I wasn't sent anything through the post. All they did was set up my direct debit and asked me to pay £2.00 which I did. They then told me to make another payment of £43 before the 31st July, and the direct debit would start on the 21st August. However, I checked with my bank this morning and they took the £43 I paid over the phone a few days ago, and have now taken another £45 yesterday (the 28th of July).

CCA request as above, in the meantime stop the DD and set up a standing order for £1 a month. If you are not working because of ill health that is what you should be paying. When they fail to comply with your request after the 12 days you can stop payment. After a few threatening letters they should eventually capitulate with a letter like this LINK. All you need to do then is write to them confirming you will not be paying because they have no agreement, then wait 6 years and you'll have a clean credit file and they will "be simply gone".

Edited by count orlok

phone your bank

cancel your card NOW [tell them its been lost]

and get that 2nd payment back under the dd guarantee as you were not informed by LETTER that the vaue [£43] would change.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and get that 2nd payment back under the dd guarantee as you were not informed by LETTER that the vaue [£43] would change.

dx

You speak to the bank about the refund to. Tell them you are protected by the direct debit guarantee and the bank must give you a full refund. None of this wait for the investigation rubbish. The bank must refund you instantly.

See here for more on the direct debit guarantee

You have given Reliable Collections the freedom to dip into your bank account when they please and as you see they have done just that and stolen money from your bank account.

Cancel the Direct Debit and card NOW.

Edited by ashmk

I definitely didn't sign anything. They sent me a threatening letter and I called them up to try and explain. I wasn't told that the interest would carry on and I wasn't sent anything through the post. All they did was set up my direct debit and asked me to pay £2.00 which I did. They then told me to make another payment of £43 before the 31st July, and the direct debit would start on the 21st August. However, I checked with my bank this morning and they took the £43 I paid over the phone a few days ago, and have now taken another £45 yesterday (the 28th of July).

"tiss" a pity you did not post hear earlier, we could have warned you, and you would have saved £90 Which I am sure could have been put to a better use than paying them. Unfortunately even without any right for them to take it, it would be seen as a gift in the same way as their gift to you.

They did the same to me. I had approx £300 debt with them but owed £790 altogether thanks to interest. In the end, i CCA'd them, turns out they have no agreement so i stopped paying. Just in a battle now to get them to remove the cheeky default they added to my credit file.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all :)

So, I CCA'd them, and got a letter back yesterday morning. I was just wondering what I should do from here. The letter states that "when responding to a section 78 request, a lender does not have to provide a photocopy or literal copy of the executed agreement nor provide a copy bearing or some other proof of the customer's actual signature" they also state that they've enclosed a true copy of my agreement, and the T&C's "to which you have agreed".

They also don't have a start date for the account, it just says the account was originally "opened on {my name here} as a personal credit account.

I looked at the 'True Copy' and it has my new address on it, not the address I was at when the account was opened, and no signature of mine, though they've asked me to sign it and send it back, which obviously, I've got no intention of doing.

Funnily, the letter comes from Simply yours, and not reliable collections, as I would have expected, as the letter was recorded delivery to Reliable Collections.

Can anyone help?

Hi everyone,

I've been having some real issues with Simply be/yours and reliable collections. Thanks to the amazing advice I received here, I CCA'd them. I just have no idea where to go from here. I was advised to CCA them as the debt on the account had grown so much that I really couldn't cope due to the piling on of interest. I also didn't sign anything in agreement with them, or with reliable collections who took an unauthorised amount from my account, but which I got back with the direct debit guarantee through my bank. I sent a letter, recorded delivery, not-signed by hand, with a £1 postal order, to the two different addresses I received for reliable collections, and I got a letter back yesterday morning. I was just wondering what I should do from here. The letter states that "when responding to a section 78 request, a lender does not have to provide a photocopy or literal copy of the executed agreement nor provide a copy bearing or some other proof of the customer's actual

signature
link3.gif
" they also state that they've enclosed a true copy of my agreement, and the T&C's "to which you have agreed".

They also don't have a start date for the account, it just says the account was originally "opened on {my name here} as a personal credit account."

I looked at the 'True Copy' and it has my new address on it, not the address I was at when the account was opened, and no signature of mine, though they've asked me to sign it and send it back, which obviously, I've got no intention of doing.

Funnily, the letter comes from Simply yours, and not reliable collections, as I would have expected, as the letter was recorded delivery to Reliable Collections.

Can anyone help?

Any possibility you can scan and post it up on here but PLEASE ensure you remove all ID, addresses, bar codes, ref numbers, etc, by the sounds of it it is simply one they have made up to fit their circumstances, but would really need to have sight of it before committing any advice.

The first part of their reply is indicative of them not having anything to legally enforce this, and they are hoping you won't have a clue about your rights, WRONG! Your a member of CAG and anything they can do we can do better!

Correct they don't have to supply the actual copy, nor do they have to provide signatures, but you have to ask yourself, if they are chasing you for money they say you owe them, then would'nt it be prudent of them to supply you with a photocopy of the 'actual' agreement?

I'm feeling an account in dispute letter coming on here, un-reliable collection would have passed it onto Simply, that is if they are not one of the same..

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

They may not have to show you the actual copy but they have to show a court the real thing, so as BB points out, why not just provide an actual copy and save all the bother?

Mabey, and Im just throwing some ideas about here but mabey because the document does not exist. After all this is 'Reliable' Collections we are talking about here and I cannot recall a single enforceable debt these clowns have ever chased. Still post it up, theres always a first.

Two threads merged.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi guys,

thanks again for all the help, I've never had this type of trouble before and I'm really grateful.

I've scanned, and now I'm uploading what was sent to me. The credit agreement had two copies, the one I've scanned, and an identical one with my name and address (NOT the address I was at when the account was opened) and the letter I received with it. In it, it claims all charges were suspended, but this isn't true as my latest statement had credit charges listed on it.

Any help would be great. Thanks again.

img001.jpg

img002.jpg

Edited by tillyoulostme

hehe

your img001 is just what my mrs has got in the post after i challenged their unlawful charges..........

seems like they never asked her to sign a contract when she took out the catalogue...

interesting predicurment ..

dx

and they