NikaG

confused with prices for local and overseas customers

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3667 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Good day,

could some one make a few things clear to me according to VAT?

I was going to buy a few things at UK internet-shop, and saw this "If you live within the UK or EU, all our prices are inclusive of VAT at 17.5%. Any invoice e-mails you receive from us will reflect this. If you require our VAT number, this can be supplied on request." So, I thought that each purchase for example for £100 for EU citizen would be at the cost of £85.11 for overseas customer (as VAT should be excluded from the price as we should pay our local custom tax on it). I wrote an e-mail to the shop and here was their answer:

We don't add anything here the subtotal isn't £85.11 for overseas cusomers it's £100, there's no subtotal for someone in britain either, they simply pay £100 that includes VAT, for overseas customers the £100 does not include any VAT.

How could it be? Maybe I missed something, but it sounds to me like... like you try to get a taxi

- Where to?

- To the XXX

- That will cost you 30£... You're british, right?

- No, I'm american...

- £50 and let's go.

Isn't it a case when "businesses charging their customers VAT illegitimately"?

thank you for your time,

Vladimir

Edited by NikaG

Moved to General Knowledge Forum

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

From what you have written, For UK/EU purchasers, you will be charged £85.11 + Vat. Non uk/EU would be charged £100. If you were VAT registered and the item was for business, you could claim back the £14.89.

Frederickson - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - Lost - Claiming back from post office

Connaught Collections - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - No Agreement - returned to client

Lowell - CCA sent 11/4/07 - No agreement - returned to client

Moorcroft - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - No Agreement - returned to client

Red Castle - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - Copy returned but no T&C's

Robinson Way - CCA Sent 16/5/07

Hi Borisbeaver,

I mean that in my previous experience of internet-purchasing VAT was simply excluded from the price - I was charged only £85.11 with no VAT. This is why i'm curious - what is the grounds for increasing the price for non UK/EU till the level of UK price + VAT?