Art ,theft, being sold on ebay and similar auction sites

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3705 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Quick explanation:

Art is being taken from various art sites and are being sold as prints on t-shirts, mugs, cards, mobile phone covers etc on ebay and similar auction sites. Fortunately none of my art has been used yet (mostly water marked) But I have no doubt in time this will happen. However a few close art friends have had their art used.

Unfortunately Ebay and such likes are not quick to act on this and many items are being sold before the culprits are stopped, however they just re-open new accounts under different names and sell again.

Letters have been written to these auction sites but all you get back is generic letters and copies of their agreements/policies etc which is no help at all.

Does any one know if the office of fair trading or trading standards can get involved. It is copy right theft, and using a lawyer or solicitor to deal with this sort of matter is very very costly and many artists cannot afford to get one involved. These auction sites are also making money out of these transactions so should they be liable for compensating these artists who have had their art stolen.

I would appropriate any help on this matter in finding a solution into getting this sort of theft stopped or at least slowed down.

Many thanks