• Tweets

• My job I've been in for 8 years, my contract is to give a week's notice.   I have 10 days holiday coming up starting next week. If I message the boss 3 days into that holiday and tell him I'm not coming back can it be used as 7 days notice (ie a week). I have a lot of holiday entitlement left this year about 70 hours.   So 2 questions please without judgement just facts:   1. If I phone boss three days into my 10 day holiday next week to formally tell him I'm quitting is that legal? 2. Can they get out of paying me my 70hrs holiday entitlement if I take that route?   (Massive global company not one man and his dog operation, if it affects the advice)  
    • Hi everyone. We purchased a new bed from dreams 26/12/2017 which was delivered 01/02/2018.  We also purchased their delivery, assembly, take the old one away, tv, mattress, mattress protector, pillows and their 'bed cover' 8 years extended warranty.  We paid by 30 monthly interest free instalments and so just made the final payment.   It is a heavy duty king size lift up storage bed with a built in tv at the end.  It has always been a struggle to lift, my wife cannot do it on her own and it rarely stays up by itself.   At the beginning of this year, we noticed it had started to dip considerably in the middle.  Not the mattress, but the wooden base the mattress is on.  So on 09/02/2020 I emailed them about the issue.  They started by saying the mattress is not covered only the base, until I pointed out it is the base at fault not the mattress.  So they sent out Homeserve on the 25/02/2020 to come and repair.  He did what he called a temporary repair, said that the bed had failed due to a manufacturing or design fault (the metal bolts holding the wooden base to the lift up supports have pulled out of the wood) and that dreams would be in touch to arrange a replacement.  His temporary repair barely lasted a day, the bed was still dipping and he took plenty of photos for himself but seemed in a mad rush to leave.   Of course they didn't contact us, so on 30/03/2020 I emailed them back.  01/04/2020 they emailed back confirming in writing that it is a manufacturing fault and their sales team would contact me, however as expected due to Covid-19 this may take a while.   30/06/2020 I asked for an update.  03/07/2020 they replied saying their claims department would contact me within 5 working days.  They didn't. 15/07/2020 I emailed back asking them to escalate my complaint as well as providing a refund and compensation as we are now struggling to sleep and experiencing back ache due to the bed's extreme dipping, plus I am worried about the mattress getting damaged. 23/07/2020 They replied saying we are not entitled to a refund as it is a guarantee claim and they have passed it once again this time to their guarantee company to contact us. I have still not heard back.   This is now getting beyond a joke and I wanted some guidance on how I should proceed.  We are struggling to sleep in the bed and cannot now even open the bed to access our belongings inside as as soon as you try and lift you hear the sound of breaking wood.   Many thanks  
    • bit obv really... don't eat yellow snow either.   dx  
    • I know you are trivialising this as, 'Ambulance Chasing Lawyers', because they are perceived to be involved. You mention BMW (other brands as well). Counterfeit car and truck parts have been implicated, and proven to be the cause, of accidents where fatalities have occurred.   There is some considerable difference between a set of counterfeit brake pads and a fake SD Card.   The trademark infringement though, is the same.   H
    • One hope in this growing mess is that local authorities, mainly in the north west so far, like Liverpool, are developing their own systems to test and trace, filling in the gaps of what Serco et al are missing.   But they're doing it with precious little in the way of funding. In the meantime it looks as if Serco [I think it's them] will be given more hundreds of millions on top of the £100 million that hasn't been effective so far in a couple of weeks. Given that the PM has swanned off to Scotland for a couple of weeks this isn't looking good.
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
Vicki202

A huge problem Horses paper signed is not the horse i have

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3664 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Morning guys n girls

Not sure how many will be able to help with this but again just like me it is a long storey

i went to look at a mare and foal about 3 weeks ago now they where in a field full of ragwort ( plant the slowley and painfully kills horses if eaten ) i mentioned this to the owner and he said it was a grapeseed plant then a few days later when going to move them from there to the field i have he openly admitted infront of others it was ragwort

no grass left in the field and the mare was loosing weight not good when a foal is feeding from her heart strings where pulled i agreed to take on the mare and foal for 4 weeks and pay £850 for them at the end of the 4 weeks however sice then i have had problem after problem

her feet where so long she was walking on her heels this pulling on her tendons ( could be damage left by this for life) i have had her feet done she is walking so much better

underweight now putting loads on

teeth need doin asap dentist is booked to visit on sat

i dont no when he last had any of this done or checked now for the big bit

now i have them there is no passport he made out she had one once i got them moved he has said in email he cant find it to start another as she is not chipped it wont matter for those who do not no it is against the law to sell or transport any horse without a passport if caught moving them with no passport in the waggon it is a 5 grand fine on the spot i have tried searchin her on all stolen horse registers through the police and so on and do not belive her to be stolen thankfully

The day i picked them up from his field i signed a 4 week loan agreement stating i was taking a 16.2hh tb mare with foal at foot on loan for 4 weeks full payment of £850 was then due

now she is on my yard and the horse i have is not a 16.2hh tb at all i knew straight away she was not a tb when i looked at her and i did not belive her to be 16.2hh which after measuring her she is nowhere near 16.2hh ive spoken with traiding standards regarding the passport and so on and i have been informed i am within my right to refuse payment as i do not have the horse stated on the contract signed so makes the contract void and the fact there is no passport i could of claimed any monies back is there any way that you could possibly find anything in wrighting that proves i am within my right to refuse payment ive been told it over the phone but to get the trading standards involved regarding the passport and me refusing any payments on this horse i need to no im bang right ive spent a fortune on putting her rght ( well me dad has LOL ) should he be getting anymore money off me ?

I think you would be better posting this in the legal forum - I have asked the MODS to move it for you.

thanx

Moved to Legal forum

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Thankyou :)

Dont think im going to get much help here if im honaste i have spoke to traiding standards this morning they are not willing to take up the no passport situation as he says the bloke could go to court and say he lost it but where is the point in a law if nobody is going to uphold it however the loan agreement i have i am going to pay off some money soon but traiding standards say he wont have a credit certificate or what ever it is classed as so lawfully hes broke the law by the loan agreement been made with money mentioned i just dont see why i should give him money aswell as have to fork out for a new passport aswell and the care ive had to get her due to bad feet and teeth they should not of been how they where its neglect but rspca could do nothing as ive had them put right already but i could not leave her suffering

with the condition maybe you should contact the RSPCA urgently

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

i have tried kip but because i have corrected the problems they say they will not be able to prove anything now

Also the agreement that was signed was for a 16.hh tb and she is neither of those :S

but maybe they should be going to where you got the horse incase there are any other

seems like you need to send a letter before action claiming return of monies etc inc what you have spent your self etc

someone may come along and help you draft it

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

as it stands i have not paid him anything for them yet due to next week tho he will be wanting the money in full which i dont have now after having the welfare of the horse put first which i belive in strongley she should not of been in that condition she was suffering and i could not let her stand in pain

go back to the RSPCA tell them your plight , you cant pay because of what you spent in putting the horse right and your concerns about returning the horse to such a disgusting place, or look for a local horse rescue and talk to them

then go after the person for the money you spent on putting the horse right

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

i dont mind what ive spent putting her right i just dont see why i should be giving him anymore and traiding standards said to me why take her if she was as bad but she would not let me check her teeth as i was a stranger and now i no she was also in pain so did not want her mouth to be touched i have dentist coming back on sat and still have to passport her yet