Me vs Restons(MBNA) - defence the claim on the grounds of "Unlawful Rescission"

C2K
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4968 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Did you take a copy of the unexecuted agreement before returning it to lender? or was a a copy of executed agreement complying with s.63 of CCA? Its not very clear but I'll try to look over it a little later today.

R

Hello RWR

I am not 100% sure if the attached cca is enforceable as it stands, no creditor's sig, unreadable PTs, no full T&Cs enbedded, (but it was sent seperately as in recon'd format). Please check out my post #42 and further comment will be appreciated. Thanks again.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you take a copy of the unexecuted agreement before returning it to lender? or was a a copy of executed agreement complying with s.63 of CCA? Its not very clear but I'll try to look over it a little later today.

R

OK, let me clarify. In response to my s78 cca request MBNA sent me a copy of the application/agreement (as previously attached) together with a recon'd cca with full T&Cs.

No, I didn't take a copy before returning the application/agreement to the lender. The other side of the copy they sent me is just some promotional material, nothing relates to the actual application/agreement and I have never received a full T&Cs for sure.

Just had a good read about s63 of CCA 1974, I believe the s63(1) applies to my case and this cca may not have been properly executed according to s63. as the requirement for Lender to send an executed cca, that would have included full T&Cs including 'Right to Cancel' etc. has never met.

Having done my research on the subject about CPR 31.14. I think there's of advantage in getting them to supply the contract they mentioned in the POC, I have therefore adopted and edited the CPR 31.14 request sample letter in the forum and sent to Restons today.

It may be too late to perfect the letter now, but please do take a look at the attached copy and let me know if it makes sense.

Many thanks.

CPR 31.14 Request 03.08.pdf

Hi C2k

Very interesting I have a very similar cas as to yours

you can have a look here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/267633-help-arrow-global-court.html

Good Luck

Squidward

Hello squidward

Agreed. I have just finished reading your thread and found the advice from all those experienced caggers of useful to me too.

I will be watching with great interest as your case progresses.

Good luck too.

C2K

Hello btm

Thank you for your info, it will keep me busy all night tonight. I note that:

"The recon is hearsay evidence only and you have to put the claimant to strict proof concerning it. You will want to try and find at least one fault with the recon that shows that at the very least, it is NOT a true copy of the executed agreement."

How about the inconsistent personal info, will it be considered as a fault; the illegible copy of cca shows my last address where the recon'd one shows my current. It may not have much impact on validity of the cca itself, but at least it proves that it's not 100% of the original....

Thanks

C2K

Yes, that's at least one thing but try and find at least one other thing within the body of the agreement itself. You want to cast enough doubt to show that the lender is perjuring the court, if indeed they are!

The matrix is intrinsically flawed. Within it is the program for it's own destruction. If you are reading this, you are in the matrix and it's days are numbered...so watch out! :eek:

Thank you btm

In your opinion is this an IEA or just an application form as no full original T&Cs embedded and TPs are hardly readable, although presented.

C2K, is this what was sent to you in response to a S78 or is it your own copy of what you signed? If you have an original, you will want to post it up asap (private details suspended). If it's IEA, it's game over.

It does look non-compliant in at least the following respects (but I am not a CCA expert so be warned!)

1) An application form yet an agreement???

Section 59 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974

59 Agreement to enter future agreement void

(1) An agreement is void if, and to the extent that, it purports to bind a person to enter as debtor or hirer into a prospective regulated agreement.

(2) Regulations may exclude from the operation of subsection (1) agreements such as are described in the regulations.

2) Clearly Illegible T&C's are not acceptable

3) No signature from creditor. This ties in with 1) above. The reason there's no creditor signature slot is because it is an application form! It appears to have been converted into an agreement but was not designed as one and so would not have been presented to you as one but rather as an application form!

The matrix is intrinsically flawed. Within it is the program for it's own destruction. If you are reading this, you are in the matrix and it's days are numbered...so watch out! :eek:

C2K

Further to my comments about the application form not being a valid agreement, have a look at this post http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/242602-county-court-claim-received-19.html#post3036518 for some excellent points on rebuttal of application forms as invalid agreements and recons as unacceptable evidence.

It seems clear that the application form-cum-agreement you have posted up in #42 does not conform to more than one regulation and is therefore not a compliant agreement, IMO!

HTH

C2K, is this what was sent to you in response to a S78 or is it your own copy of what you signed? If you have an original, you will want to post it up asap (private details suspended). If it's IEA, it's game over.

It does look non-compliant in at least the following respects (but I am not a CCA expert so be warned!)

1) An application form yet an agreement??? 2) Clearly Illegible T&C's are not acceptable

3) No signature from creditor. This ties in with 1) above. The reason there's no creditor signature slot is because it is an application form! It appears to have been converted into an agreement but was not designed as one and so would not have been presented to you as one but rather as an application form!

I dont have the original, this is what I was sent together with a copy of recon'd cca that in response to my request under s78 CCA 1974. They never sent me any properly executed cca copy.

They may have complied with s78 cca request in this respect. However, I would have believed that the original docs will have to be there at trial according to HH Judge Waksman's judgment in Carey v HSBC case.

You have provided some valid points and these will certainly help me prepare my defence. Many thanks.

Please help!

I have today received response to my CPR 31.15 & Part 18 from Restons, I need to file my defence by 4:00 p.m. 25/08/10.

Should I respond to Restons, file an ED or fire off a N244 ask the court to strike out the claim on the basis on frustrating my defence?

CPR 31.15 Request.pdf

CPR Part 18 Request.pdf

CPR 31.15 Response.pdf

CPR Part 18 Response.pdf

what docs did you ask for in the cpr18?

Thanks DD

Please see an attachment "CPR Part 18" from my last post for details.

I see you have recently won a "battle" against Restons, please accept my belated congratulation.

If you have no objection I might structure my defence based on yours.

Further comments will be appreciated.

what docs did you ask for in the cpr18?

Thanks DD

Please see an attachment "CPR Part 18 Request" from my last post for details.

I see you have recently won a "battle" against Restons, please accept my belated congratulation.

If you have no objection I might structure my defence based on yours.

Further comments will be appreciated.

yes i see- you fell into the trap of making a SAR request via CPR18 and included stuff that was mentioned in the POC

cpr31.14 is for stuff that is mentioned or REFERRED TO in the POC (such as the agreement)

CPR18 is for stuff that is NOT mentioned in the POC but which is essential for you to prepare a full defence

and much of what you requested- as restons have stated

isnt

do feel free to use and adapt anything of mine

it is not perfect but LIP's are given some lattitude

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys

Here's an update on my case:

I have filed an semi-embarassed defence together with N244 application for an order to strike out. The court acknowledged receipt of my defence and it was being served to the other side.

Todate, I received a General Directions Order from CCBC that the application must be heard on notice to the claimant and transfer the action to my home's court. It also says that I may within 7 days apply to set asidelink3.gif or vary the order under rule 23.10. I must file with the court, and serve on the other parties an application that sets out my reasons for the objection. A fee is payable .......

Note:

In my statement of defence submitted along with my N244 I did seek directions from the court that the proceedings be generally stayed for a period of 28 days to allow the Claimant to further particularise his claim and clarify the terms under which he claims against me in such details as required by CPR part 16. Such directions to further require that the relevant documents previously requested by me via my recent CPR18 Request dated 09 August 2010 are disclosed prior to me being expected to submit a defence.

What should I do now? Do I have to pay the cost for the application to be heard in my local court? Please can someone provide further advice.

Many thanks.

have you had a look at diddydicky's thread ? There may be some information on there that will be useful. You could always pm dd and ask him to look in on you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D