Welcome HP Issues, Advice Needed...

Harleigh
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5012 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having spent a good two hours reading advice on this site I figured I'd see if anyone could advise us on the route to go with our current situation with WF.

My partner took out a HP agreement with WF over a year ago. The payments were always up to date till recently when his wages dropped. He's not ignored the situation completely but offered token payments every few weeks, (agreement was weekly).

Last month he received a DN so contacted them to set up a payment arrangement which they agreed to but wouldn't bend on dropping to a lower amount till he got his wages back on track. Since then I've had several phone calls, (which I've left to go to VM), asking him to contact them.

This evening they actually managed to reach him and demanded a payment of £319 otherwise on the 31st of this month his account will be reviewed for repossession. We don't have the £319 so he offered them £80, (the weekly payment amount), the guy said he would take the £80 but the account will still be reviewed on the 31st with a higher chance of repossession. Even if we pay the £319 the account will still be reviewed because the outstanding is apparently £1200 odd. Clearly the guy just wanted some money out of him but with no intention of being helpful. :rolleyes: My partner said he didn't want to give him money just to get the car repossessed so WF are phoning back tomorrow. :-|

We worked out that with juggling some money we could pay the rent which is due and the £319 to WF and have barely any money for the following week which isn't ideal with prepayment energy metres, a toddler and empty fridge and freezer! Really could do with no paying that money out to WF when it doesn't guarantee the car won't be repossessed. :sad:

So basically after reading threads on this forum and seeing all the advice and the dodgy way WF seem to go about things we started to wonder what our options actually were. I can post the only documentation we have from WF, (there's not much despite being told we should of had a letter recently). The car is on our driveway which is actually not directly outside our house, (there's a house and another driveway between us and the car if that makes sense but our garage is in front of the car with our house number clearly above it) and the car is currently signed into my name for insurance purposes. The car is also currently undergoing an insurance claim for an RTA and is currently damaged. :rolleyes:

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ok have you received a termination notice? would have been between the default notice and now....

dont pay anything in the way of a payment agreement without having it in writing from them because they will say one thing and do another....

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

if you could post up the original agreement without car reg/car make and model/ and all your personal details and account numbers that may help us advise more...

the problem with it being repossessed if thats what u want is they will then chase you for the remaining balance of the account just because the car is gone they wont leave you alone.

I believe (i may be wrong) that a drive is private property and therefore comes under s92 of cca and they cannot repo without a court order, also have you paid more than 1/3?

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Ok have you received a termination notice? would have been between the default notice and now....

dont pay anything in the way of a payment agreement without having it in writing from them because they will say one thing and do another....

Nope, we've not had a termination notice. We've had one letter re: a £10 for a phone call which we got them to cancel and the DN which I'm about to post.

Because they were threatening repo unless the £320 was paid today, that's now been paid but there is still the outstanding amount. Apparently, we can keep to the contractual payments and nothing more will happen but frankly I don't believe them. This morning they phoned and told us to remove everything out the car because if we don't pay today they'll come and get it. They are claiming that 1/3 hasn't been paid off and they could just take the car if they wanted too. After the amount was paid this afternoon they are saying the account won't be reviewed on the 31st and everything is normal... :confused: There's still an outstanding of at least £600+ and I don't see how that suddenly isn't an issue, I don't for one minute believe they are just letting it all go on as normal. Does that make sense?

if you could post up the original agreement without car reg/car make and model/ and all your personal details and account numbers that may help us advise more...

the problem with it being repossessed if thats what u want is they will then chase you for the remaining balance of the account just because the car is gone they wont leave you alone.

I believe (i may be wrong) that a drive is private property and therefore comes under s92 of cca and they cannot repo without a court order, also have you paid more than 1/3?

The original agreement is filed away, I can dig it out if necessary. It was put away when we moved, my minds blanking on where though.

We'd rather the car wasn't repossessed, we're in no position to buy another one.

Looking at the DN we received we thought we had paid 1/3, they are saying different... I really don't trust them and I don't like this little game they seem to be playing with us.

Get the car in your garage!! Although I'd like to believe they will now think twice about repossessing off private property, I still wouldn't like to risk it. I'll wait til you get back to us with what Beyond has suggested :)

But don't worry, you have options ;)

Looks like this weekend involves clearing the garage to fit in a car. :rolleyes:

http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af124/harleigh_2010/1.jpg

http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af124/harleigh_2010/2.jpg

http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af124/harleigh_2010/3.jpg

http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af124/harleigh_2010/4.jpg

This is everything we've ever had, bar the telephone charge letter, nothing else has ever been received.

Is there any PPI on the agreement??

We really need to see the agreement :)

Seemingly I'm more organised that I thought, it's in the folder with the V5, mots and service book. Just uploading. 2 ticks. :)

88% of all your payments go towards paying for the car the rest is for the crappy insurances. You have clearly paid more than the amount stated as your repo figure even allowing for the percentage they take for the premiums. They are lying, cheating ****, they have no right to repo your car without a court order! It is protected goods.

If they do come just make sure you do not give your permission for them to take it, keep the keys and log book as proof. But in all honesty I doubt very much if they will do that, they just wanted to scare you into making a payment and they succeeded :mad: They'll probably try the same trick again next month!

I HATE WELCOME FINANCE :-x

According to my calculations you have definitely paid more than a third! When and how did they say you hadn't paid a third???

They told him that on Wednesday evening. Partner told them they can't repo if he's paid more than 1/3, the guy "that's right, but you haven't paid more than 1/3." He asked what the figures were, total amount, paid amount, rep told him, partner pointed out that that was over 1/3 only to be told, "no, it's not, it doesn't work like that". Thursday morning when he phoned he was adamant they were taking the car and to remove everything from it, partner again said he'd paid over 1/3 and again was told he was wrong. They said they were phoning back at 4 for payment otherwise the account will go to be reviewed for repo on the 31st, (nice to know they work Saturdays) and there was nothing they could do to stop that unless he made the £319 payment. They phoned again at 4 and partner just paid them thinking they'd take the car otherwise and he really doesn't want to loose the car. Now they are letting him continue with the contractual payments? How do they go from threatening repo to saying carry on as you were mate? :confused:

88% of all your payments go towards paying for the car the rest is for the crappy insurances. You have clearly paid more than the amount stated as your repo figure even allowing for the percentage they take for the premiums. They are lying, cheating ****, they have no right to repo your car without a court order! It is protected goods.

If they do come just make sure you do not give your permission for them to take it, keep the keys and log book as proof. But in all honesty I doubt very much if they will do that, they just wanted to scare you into making a payment and they succeeded :mad: They'll probably try the same trick again next month!

I HATE WELCOME FINANCE :-x

The log book is in my name for insurance reasons, they will not be getting me to hand that over.

Apparently they are sending our a statement with all the payments made. I'm not sure why they are sending this and I very much doubt they even will after reading threads on here.