Capquest stat/Barred & stat demand help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5013 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

My first post & a pretty heavy duty one at that!

I had a littlewoods catologue in 1998 & due to jobloss I defaulted around 2002, I have had no contact with them for over 7yrs,

Yesterday at the front door someone handed me a statutory demand on behalf of Capquest who appear to have bought the debt in 2006,

I rung the insolvency helpline but to be honest i am even more confused now :confused: they advised me to send capquest a stature barred & I have done that today (sent special delivery)

But after reading through the other capquest threads should I be sending them any other paperwork? should I be doing this set aside thing?

I live with my partner (not married) I have one son, the house is in my partners name, I have no assets apart from some stock for a hobby business I run (reg as self employed) no car as I don't drive & no savings either, my son is off to Uni in september,

I really don't know which way to turn

Stat Barred so there is nothing they can do about it, as long as you have not made a payment or written acknowledgement of the debt for a six year period.

send the stat demand and any paperwork to the OFT,

is this the first thing these fools have sent you

Thank you so much for your reply!

I haven't heard anything from them, I did get a letter from another debt company in early jan last year, I can't remember the name though, it arrived the day after my mum died after a 5yr battle with cancer & I just binned it at the time

Late in 2008 I received an SD from Crappy and not knowing any better, and before CAG I ignored it. Heard nothing more for a while, then usual threats began again in 2009, found CAG and CCA'd them and again, nothing more.

I too have nothing of value and bankruptcy would be a mere inconvenience.

Crappy are issuing these like confetti and the moment so it is my opinion that they are at least making a living from the poor souls who have not found CAG yet.

Just my experience, many do say you MUST set aside.

Just had same letter off crappyquest for a SB debt :D They sent a SD in 08 that i never got and if i do not phone they will send around a field agent wow i'll have the tea ready for them, Hello OFT i have something for you.

Hopefully one day all dca's will be history

You actually need to try and phone B Davis, I do not believe anyone has ever actually managed to speak with him.

Call once a day a day for 3 days and ask to speak to him ,do not answer security questions, log the date and time of these calls.

When you cannot get him that will be another reason to use to get this set aside.

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

Wait for POSTGGJ to see the thread he will show you how to sort this little problem properly, if you PM him just link it to the thread.

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

I have received a reply from capquest this morning following the statute barred letter that I sent them last week,

It says the following

We thank you for your correspondence & respond as follows...

Please be advised that this account has been referred to our external agent Scotcall, you can contact them on tel no ...........

Can anyone tell me what happens next?

What happens next is Snotcall get reported to the OFT along with crapquest for pursuing a SB debt,

give Consumer Direct - Contact us a call and they will pass it on to the OFT and TS for you.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!