hbos default notice

gtgiggs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4111 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, you made a perfectly reasonable offer to pay the Halifax (who are Albion) and they have decided to ignore you.

Now there is one of two things they have done with your account.

They have either sold it to [email protected] in it's entirety therefore, claiming the tax relief and compensation off their insurance, meaning they have now been repaid IN FULL, for their loss.

OR, they are using [email protected] as their pathetic gopher, in the hope that as it has been handed over to this very puerile clown outfit, you might in some way be a little bit intimidated and start shelling out money.

However ALL you need send [email protected], who only buy unenforceable debts, the following;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?426-A-letter-when-the-account-has-been-passed-to-another-debt-collection-agency

Please don't send it recorded delivery else they will believe that you some how think this matter is of some importance!

Send it 2nd class, and obtain proof of posting from the counter.

• Confused 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

hi, recieved a letter from fairfax solicitors today regarding the second account i had with hbos, which was also ended before the remedy date on the default notice.

the are demanding repayment in full or correspondence by the 23rd of march. they say they have the authority to instruct a debt collection agent to visit my home or to seek a decree for payment which could be enforced by way of earnings arrestment, letters of inhibition or sequestration.

has anyone had dealings with these guys. there is alot of strong words in this letter and i am tempted to write to them and inform them of the unlawfull default notice served by hbos on this account. but also i am not disputing being in debt to hbos and should i offer £25 a month like i offered albion? earnings arrestment would be really embarrasing and not financially viable. i would rather try and sort this out. but failed with the non compliance from albion.

any advice or suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

another wee update. got a letter from moorcroft accepting a £25 pcm payment to one of the accounts. very nice letter which is strange lol. also today i get another letter form fairfax, they recieved the same letter as moorcroft and all i got from them was more threats of ccj and wages arrestment,home visits etc etc, nothing at all to acknoledge the letter is sent them offering a solution to this debt. how do i go about dealing with them?? my girlfriend is worrying now that they seize our bank account which is in joint names. they will not play fair with me at all. do i go back to hbos and try make an arrangement with them and complain about fairfaxes letters?? any help would be great guys

yeah they are the only 2 chasing me for the 2 hbos overdrafts. moorcroft being nice and accepting. fairfax ignoring all my letters and threatening me with all sorts. they are even aware of the dodgy defaults and termination by hbos on both accounts and still they get nasty

Well if [email protected] have accepted and these clowns haven't, AND you have already made them the same offer IN WRITING, make them a new offer, but this time offering £1 less, and do this each and every time they immature muppets refuse, then when you hit the token payment of £1 just make that payment each month, if at the minute your not paying them anything, IMO I would start with the token payments whilst they are throwing their toys out of the pram, that way then you can be pretty certain no legal/court action will be taken.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

thanks for your advice.im in the process of writing another letter to fairfax tonight. they have copies of the dodgy default and termination letter. (i included them in my last letter i sent to them). as the defaults are worthless where does that leave me regarding the o/d debts?

OK faulty or dodgy DN's are now irrelevant as they can now simply rectify faulty DN's by issuing you with a correct one, so that is now blown out the water, cheers DMC's!

OverDraft debts can still be argued against, you just need to find out what charges and fees they imposed, reclaim them, have this deducted from the balance outstanding and then hopefully you will be able to come to an agreement to pay them back at a rate YOU are comfortable with and can realistically afford.