Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3709 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Can anyone give me any advice please. I have recently returned from the netherlands after 10 years living and working there. Well the last 2 years i was self employed and doing ok, but december 2008 onwards i had no more work due to the crisis and this is where my problems have started.

I didnt recieve any benefits in the nl when out of work so in the end i had to give up my rental house and couldnt pay any more bills which i had always done for the last 8 years. I am paying my overdraft off back in the Netherlands but im getting chased also for a 1800 euros catalogue bill which i cannot no longer afford to pay. And also my book keeper says i owe 400 euros which he is saying he will send a international collector for me. When i come back to the UK in december to compound my problems i never recieved any dole money also, cause i didnt satisfy the HRT (HABITUAL RESIDENCY TEST) that took me until april to recieve money which is not a lot here in the uk.But i am addressing what i owe in the netherlands but my dole money does not cover all the debts and im in sheer panic cause i dont want a collector here and make a mess for me in the uk. I plan to return back to NL in the future cause my young son is there, but im terrified of getting in big trouble as so far some people havent been helpful in NL. and want full repayments back which isnt possible.I need to build my finances back up and then i will pay all that i owe.Im not one that walks away from what i owe, but the last year has been a cycle of problems that have mounted and now i need advice.any help is greatful...Thanks in advance.