Is it easy to reclaim postage for late SD postage?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5005 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I sold an item on Ebay that the buyer required urgently and asked me to send Special delivery before 1pm, which he paid for. The item should have been with him yesterday but never turned up. I phoned RM and they admitted that they had "misplaced" the parcel but assured me that they would find it and it would definately be delivered today before 1pm. I have contacted the seller and asked him if he has received it and he says he hasn't as yet. He is very annoyed and wants his postage costs refunded, which is understandable, however he also wants compensating from me his inconvenience. In these circumstances what can I claim from RM and how do I go about it?

Cheers

*Edit* Have just had an email! The item has arrived with the buyer, but he still wants postage refunding and compo.

Edited by timpo1981

I would dearly love to sillygirl, but he would then probably give me negative feedback which would lead to paypoo restricting my account and holding all my future payments!! All in the name of buyer satisfaction!!!

RM would refund your postage as it was not delivered on time. You could send the person the postage element, but you would not get any compo from the RM

That person is being unreasonable tbh - A refund of the postage should be acceptable to them.

Special Delivery™ guarantees delivery by 9.00 am next working day to most* of the UK. This includes Northern Ireland and Jersey. Our delivery guarantee does not cover certain places, such as the Isle of Wight, Isle of Man and some remote parts of Scotland. The following tables detail the postcodes where we cannot confirm your item will arrive by 9.00am the next working day.

*We’ll refund your money if we are unable to deliver before 9.00am the next working day. This guarantee does not apply if we are unable to find someone to sign for the delivery, and have to leave a “We're holding an item of mail for you” card.

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content1?catId=400025&mediaId=22700552#13300213

When you use Special Delivery™ 9.00am you can claim compensation up to £50 or the value of the item, whichever is the lower. If the item is more valuable you can buy additional compensation cover up for up to £2,500.

You can claim compensation for late delivery in writing within 14 days of posting. Remember to include your proof of purchase receipt.

You can also claim compensation for loss or damage in writing within 12 months of posting, as long as you include your proof of purchase receipt.

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content3;jsessionid=0KXKK2QXABXWYFB2IGDENZQUHRAYUQ2K?mediaId=22700545&catId=400025

I am not too sure of the process for claiming, but have a read of this.

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content1?mediaId=22700547&catId=400025