Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3697 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Just received my annual renewal notice................

I have been a member since 1995. I have a joint member poilcy this includes roadside and recovery, at home personal based. This years quote is £205.75:eek: but as i'm an "arrival member" I benefit from a 15% discount which makes this years premium £165.75.

I have never really paid attention to these reminders but as time are pretty hard at the moment I actually read this one.

I have got a quote online with the same benefits and they have come back with a quote of £107.63.:???: (they do quote an online discount) however the full price is still cheaper than my quote prior to any discounts.

I am going to see if I can get this lowered.

Will let you know the outcome.

ps I suppose it like car insurance renewal, as I have been a customer for so long they charge me as much as they can in the hope i will just accept it..................well not any more:D

This annoys me with AA recovery. I have been with them for donkey's years and yet every year it goes up for me whilst new members seem to get a great deal.

I suppose the only thing is the leave and then go back again as a new member!

I'm not due for a renewal until november time, but I will certainly do that. I have become quite good at querying things and asking for reductions. Sometimes it works, sometimes not, but in times of no money every little helps!

• 2 weeks later...

I get all the above via Green Flag ofr £109 without logging into the Internet however their call centre is now in Asia and they have a very poor command of English so it cna be very frustrating when you break down try to tell them where you are broken down. Luckily I have only had to use them twice in the last 7 years.

Hold on Little misshappy, you are happy they reduced it by £40? That still works out more expensive than the quote you had online!!!

My AA renewal came in at £200 (just over). I added my partner on and negotiated it down to £98, there is plenty of competition out there ;)

There is one not inconsiderable difference between RAC and AA. If you breakdown miles from home and just want to be taken home, RAC will send a low loader and take you and the car - irrespective of disatnce. AA will do their magic 'Relay' service, which isn't called RELAY for nothing. In a nutshell, they will dump you somewhere, often motorway services, on your own with a broken down car for hours. I have had this on 3 occasions and will never go back to AA because of it.

There is one not inconsiderable difference between RAC and AA. In a nutshell, they will dump you somewhere, often motorway services, on your own with a broken down car for hours. I have had this on 3 occasions and will never go back to AA because of it.

I concur with that.