The Beaver

Halifax ERC and porting please help

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3661 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi there,

I took a mortgage out with the Halifax in 2004. Early in Jan 2010 I called them to look at tracker rates. At the time I advised them that I was soon to move house. They said it would be straight forward and I could port my existing mortgage across to the new place.I took out the tracker but did not receive any paperwork. I have now got my house under offer and have found a place to buy. I asked my FA to speak to the bank. The Halifax have come back to us and said that they will not lend us as much as their lending matrix/criteria has changed. They have said we can port the mortgage but we will be 40K short.

I have written to them asking them to Treat the Customer Fairly and waive the total redemption penalty as they are the ones not lending me my original mortgage amount.

I have another mortgage in place with the A and L but cannot proceed without confirmation of waived charges. The have just got back to me and said that they will not waive them. I have just posted the complaint form back to the ombudsman.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!