Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3709 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

About 6 weeks ago and after waiting over 3 years years the FOS found in my favour that my PPI had been misold by HFC.

I still owe a fair amount on my loan to HFC but after rough calculations i think what i'm owed by them regarding the PPI this will pay off the outstanding amout. However, i'm still waiting for HFC to get in touch regarding my refund and i have not made a payment on my loan this month due to the fact i do not know what the balance is after the refund.

I get about 6 calls a day from the call centre monkeys and letters saying the will pass it on to a DCA or solicitors if i do not make a payment.

What i want to know is am i in my rights to withold payment until they get in touch to tell me how much will be refunded as i don't want to make a payment if i don't need to if the refund pays off the outstanding amount of the loan?

Thanks.

Write to them, using recorded signed for or special delivery, and put in writing that you believe the refund due to you will exceed the outstanding balance therefore no further payments are due and continued calls will prompt a claim for harassment. Give them a time limit to respond - 14 days would be reasonable.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.