Nemesis44UK

Hi All, desperately need help

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3669 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me as I am at my wit's end. Please bear with me as this post is a bit long and complex:

In 2001, I took out 2 loans with LloydsTSB, one for £4000, one for £3000 on five year terms. Around 2003, I lost my job suddenly. I went to the bank and explained the situation and gained no traction there.

My PPI didn't kick in because I was not made redundant, I was dismissed (my boss found me looking through the job section in the local paper one lunchtime)

Anyway, soon enough the debt collectors moved in and despite my protestations, they claimed I owed over £13,500. My wife was pregnant at the time and we just couldn't keep taking the late night calls and aggressive chasing, so I agreed to pay them what I could afford.

As I regained employment, the payments grew. I was with CCS at the time and paid them for years until they started stepping up the payment demands higher and higher, at which point, I could not afford it. They wouldn't reduce the sum they wanted. I found this website and asked them for the credit agreement and a statement and they would not comply. It then got passed onto a couple of other agencies and I asked them the same and eventually it has landed with Moorcroft.

I have asked them for the same, as I cannot understand that how a total of £7,000 debt, paid for a year or two has escalated to £13,500. They have just sent me a statement covering my time with CCS. I have sent them another request, but so far - no answer.

I realise that because I have acknowledged the debt, it cannot be statute barred, but do I have any options here, as no one will tell me how they have arrived at this figure and do I have any recourse with the bank?

Many thanks for your patience, perhaps someone out there can help me sleep at night.

right so the CCA requests have not been met ever?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

The difference is probably represented by the interest on the debt over its full term. In other words you borrowed £7k for five years but the total amount you needed to pay back was £7k plus five years of interest. There's probably charges in there as well and PPI.

There are a couple of things you should do.

1) Send Lloyds a CCA letter asking for a copy of the original agreement. If they don't produce this or if it doesn't contain the correct terms, then you can place the account in dispute and stop paying if you want to. The template letter to do this is in the template section of the forum. You need to enclose a postal order for £1 and don't sign the letter, just print your name.

2) Send Lloyds a SARN under the Data Protection Act with a postal order for £10. This should produce all of the information they hold about you including, hopefully, schedules setting out what you have paid them.

Others will be able to advise on whether you might have any basis for claiming back the PPI premiums you have paid.

Get the ppi back.

Lloyds in my experience will probably randomly accept 1 complaint and decline the other for no reason on earth. They caved in on my second letter which was basically a 3 page list of questions.

Id recomend a SAR as they will probably have a customer profile from a meeting/review(more like sale session) which will likely give you more ammo, for example my customer profile which was dated before all my loans, stated that I received full sick pay which was a concrete mis sale.

Dating back that far there will be a hefty amount of interest to add, my interest from 2001-4 was more than the actual amount paid.

dx

No, never.

Just for clarity, you will need to send 1 CCA request for each account, but only 1 SAR because they should send everything they hold on you.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Originally Posted by dx100uk viewpost.gif

dx

No, never.

when did you send the last one and to whom?

dx

[/url]

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.