Taking someone to court for money.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5018 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I provide accounting services for a business and have only been paid 25% so far for my services. The issue has been o/s since Oct 2009 and despite giving 5 or 6 notices in writing I've yet to receive the balance of payment. I do have email replies admiting the money is owed but to date nothing. Can I issue an online claim or what's best please?

Send them a final letter sent recordered delivery giving them 7 or 14 days to pay in full or you will proceed with court proceedings without further warning.

Claiming on line is quite simple (even I managed it:p)but if I remember right the claim must be for under £5,000 ( check on mcol website)

If you have sent 5 or 6 letters already they are probably calling your bluff and don't think you will follow through with any action.

Did you send your previous letters recordered delivery?

Send them a final letter sent recordered delivery giving them 7 or 14 days to pay in full or you will proceed with court proceedings without further warning.

Claiming on line is quite simple (even I managed it:p)but if I remember right the claim must be for under £5,000 ( check on mcol website)

If you have sent 5 or 6 letters already they are probably calling your bluff and don't think you will follow through with any action.

Did you send your previous letters recordered delivery?

Hi, online it is. My claim is under 5k. I have email correspondence & a promise to pay by email also. Is is still necessary to send a RD notice out? Can you help with the wording or is there a template where I could fill in the gaps etc. I should not let them 'get away' with not paying the o/s balance.

Hi

You need to follow protocols. Send them a LBA asking for the money that they owe you. You must give them at least 14 days notice before you take them to court.

If they do not reply or pay after those 14 days, then issue court proceedings.

People will help you with the information you need to put on the court papers, but the LBA just needs to state 'Letter before action' and then outline to them the case as to why they owe you x amount of money. Enclose copies of any invoices so they can query etc if necessary.

Hi

You need to follow protocols. Send them a LBA asking for the money that they owe you. You must give them at least 14 days notice before you take them to court.

If they do not reply or pay after those 14 days, then issue court proceedings.

People will help you with the information you need to put on the court papers, but the LBA just needs to state 'Letter before action' and then outline to them the case as to why they owe you x amount of money. Enclose copies of any invoices so they can query etc if necessary.

thank u