FCC_user

FCC complimentary tickets

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3668 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello,

Last autumn I was a season ticket user of FCC during the industrial action that deeply impacted their services. As a goodwill gesture to their season ticket holders, they had a promotion whereby users could either get a free month added to their subscription or receive a certain number of complimentary tickets on the network.

I opted for the complimentary tickets and was sent about 18 of them, all good for day returns on the FCC network (from King's Lynn to Brighton or Wimbledon and everywhere in between). Although they don't expire until 31 December 2011, I'm rather sure I won't use them all myself.

I don't want to contravene any laws or rules, but I would like to know if I can gift some of these tickets to family members or friends. Moreover, can I sell them on to some people at work who might be willing to buy one for, say £10 each? I won't do either of these things if it's illegal to do so, but I don't want the tickets to go to waste either.

I've attached a copy of a ticket and its reverse-side conditions to this post. I've had a look to see if anything is specifically prohibited, and nothing seems to be. They seem like a rather liberal gift! But I just wanted to be sure before I proceeded.

Thanks a lot!

FCC_ticket.pdf

Hello,

Last autumn I was a season ticket user of FCC during the industrial action that deeply impacted their services. As a goodwill gesture to their season ticket holders, they had a promotion whereby users could either get a free month added to their subscription or receive a certain number of complimentary tickets on the network.

I opted for the complimentary tickets and was sent about 18 of them, all good for day returns on the FCC network (from King's Lynn to Brighton or Wimbledon and everywhere in between). Although they don't expire until 31 December 2011, I'm rather sure I won't use them all myself.

I don't want to contravene any laws or rules, but I would like to know if I can gift some of these tickets to family members or friends. Moreover, can I sell them on to some people at work who might be willing to buy one for, say £10 each? I won't do either of these things if it's illegal to do so, but I don't want the tickets to go to waste either.

I've attached a copy of a ticket and its reverse-side conditions to this post. I've had a look to see if anything is specifically prohibited, and nothing seems to be. They seem like a rather liberal gift! But I just wanted to be sure before I proceeded.

Thanks a lot!

Given to you and your freinds I guess, which would sujest to me that you can gift them to your friends, I just would'nt directly sell them to no one, however if who ever you gift them to wants to buy you a pint for asnother reason then that would be ok as far as I was concerned.

The above is my personnel opinion and should not been seen as offering legal advice..

Theres nothing on them that says they are not transferable, for clarity call their customer services dept to check.

As for selling them, that is a strict no-no & you could be prosecuted.

Thanks to you both. I'll proceed accordingly.

I do wish they had just said on there: It is a prosecutable offence to re-sell these tickets. That would have made it abundantly clear for mooks like me!