• Tweets

• Hi Schipoo,   You need to comply with the court letter of 12th Jan so should now reply to the HMCTS Tribunal (Tax Chamber) and the HMRC Solrs Office emails ([email protected] and [email protected]) as follows:-   Dear sir or madam,   I refer to HMCTS's email of 12th January and can confirm this is my email address for all communication.   Yours faithfully, Schipoo   Let us know how you got on with the police. Then we can decide on how to reply fully in the Tribunal process.
    • Attention BANKFODDER   Thank you for this. I am sorry you don't have time read everything. I find your comment about my letters being ineffectual is rude and condescending and discourages us (consumers) sharing our experiences, ideas views on this forum.  Which i thought was the point of this forum.     Concerning my letters, emails etc.  At the start of claim i like to fish, and also point out the relevant law.  The fishing helps and often i find process errors - which strengthens my legal claim.  Pointing out the legal basis and expected resolution of my claim early (and getting ignored), will help me increase the quantum. ie a failure to act reasonably. Which judges take very seriously. This is because both parties are expected to mitigate the others losses by working "reasonably" toward settling the dispute.    For example: Packlink wrote this - "Take into account that this type investigation requires the coordination of the different participants involved (driver, depot, warehouse, carrier's local offices), so it might be necessary to wait for a response from the different parties involved before being able to provide you with an answer" and said this can take up to 30 days. Hermes/Packlink responded in less than a day with standard copy and paste email.  Investigating the loss of a parcel is part of the service provided by Hermes/Packlink, and failure to do this with reasonable care skill is another breach of contract and strengthens my claim.    ***********   Lastly, i am interested to hear from others re the use of unfair contractual terms to discourage and put off valid contractual claims. Worse the fact they deliberately train their staff to believe this is law, and they happily mislead customers.  I have experienced this with Apple, Amazon, Hermes etc, etc. and it is getting worse, because helps to swell the companies profits. For consumers, it simply adds insult to injury.     I also believe misrepresenting the law to deprive others may be a criminal offence. If that is case, and others are getting as fed up as me as having take delinquent companies to law, to recover compensation, there may be an opportunity to get regulators involved.  For example ASA might be interested - because they are effectively trying to make you pay to cover yourself against the their breach of contracts.    Now if you want to help, please do so, otherwise let others contribute   Thank you       
    • What does the order that you posted in #46 say?   (I suspect that FTMDave may be suggesting that it would be preferable to have it all complete today so you don't have to run around like a headless chicken tomorrow.  I assume he has a day job that he has to do tomorrow).     Look simeon - I'm sorry, but how the hell would we know where they need to go?    I thought you had already sorted out the piling receipt and which attachment it was?    Where has the rubble truck come from and why haven't you mentioned it before?    Are the amounts for the rubble truck and the roofer already included in the £16577 you are claiming?  If they are, then haven't you already included them in your breakdown of the total and your attachments?  If they aren't already included and are still to be added in, then that means that you are claiming more than £16577.   I can't explain it any more simply than I have done already.  If you just cannot understand or assimilate what FTMDave and I are suggesting, then we really can't help you any further...     =================================================================================================   I would honestly suggest that you spend an hour re-reading and understanding some of the more important posts on this thread.   I think they are #105, #113, #120 and all the posts after #120.   THEN, you need to do what FTMDave suggests in #131 (having read and understood the posts noted above and reading #131 in the light of that understanding).   OK?  I'll look in after 5pm...
    • Afternoon    my three final bill is £35.78 i received a notification that the account on my credit report is settled. Surely it needs to be paid first before it’s settled
    • I did. But I have a problem with my laptop I think because it keeps using my info somewhere in the background even though I only ever use her name etc. I think it remembers me from an old case.    also, whenever I use the government gateway I get problems as it keeps using old logins from other people who I’ve helped in the past with tax returns. I’ve tried clearing cookies and  browsing history but it keeps happening. Eg I put in a gateway code and password but it shows as error because the password doesn’t match the code it’s decided to use. It’s driving me nuts. 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

Morgan Stanley transferred to Barclaycard

fmc001

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4167 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

I had a Morgan Stanley Credit Card from approx 2000 until approx 2005. I sent a SAR to MS which was forwarded on to Barclaycard. I did not know that the accounts had been transferred over. BC in turn informed me that my account was not migrated over from MS to BC. I am pretty desperate to get my hands on these statements as I know I paid a lot of PPI during this period.

Can anyone offer any advice on how to progress with this?

Abbey National SAR sent 15/03/2010

RBS SAR sent 15/03/2010

Cahoot SAR sent 22/03/2010

Northern Rock SAR sent 22/03/2010

EGG SAR sent 22/03/2010

Morgan Stanley SAR sent 22/03/2010

MBNA SAR sent 22/03/2010

Hi fmc.

Well that is very strange because our MS card was taken over by BC and so was my daughters, and if I remember rightly so were a lot of other cag members.

When they took over the card we were never told they just suddenly changed the name of the card to Barclaycard Cashback.

My daughter has a dispute with BC at the moment because when she stopped paying the payments on the MS card card they started sending her sh***y letters and then DCA's got involved. We SAR'd them and when she got her statements back there was something on them called Deferred Charges. We wrote to BC and asked what these were and never received a reply, she then called BC and asked someone what they were and he said he did not know he had never heard of it.

Have a look through the site and see what other people have written regarding this.

Mrs M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

I think BC are saying your a/c was no longer active at the time of the take-over from MS to BC.

However, I assume BC will have taken over responsibility for all MS archived data.

So I would write back to BC saying:-

I refer to my SAR of xxdate sent to Morgan Stanley, which you replied to on xxdate.

I assume you are now responsible for archived data for Morgan Stanley accounts and would you now please supply the data required by my SAR.

If you do not hold this data, please confirm exactly how I can obtain it and from whom.

See how they respond.

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

i think the transaction went first to goldfish ? then to barclycard..my account is in limbo between HFO and MS ive been waiting for data from MS since 2005

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Advice & opinions given by patrickq1 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional

Hi Patrick.

I think you are right there. I remember seeing something on another site about Barclays taking over goldfish accounts. They apparently took over the cards and I think they said Lloyds took over the loans.

My daughter only got her statements back when we asked Moorcroft on the pretence that she did not recognise the account number they were claiming she owed money on. We are still waiting for the agreement, but in the meantime she has put a claim in for charges and Deferred charges. We have been asking what the deferred charges are for 7 months now and when we spoke to Barclaycard the guy said he did not know. Hoping by putting in a claim we will eventually get the answer.

Mrs M

Edited by MandM

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

Thank you very much for your replies.

I haver taken your advice Slick and sent a letter informing them they are responsible for MS archived data. If they cannot provide this can they inform me where I can get it from.

I will let you know how I get on.

FMC

RBS SAR sent 15/03/2010

EGG SAR sent 22/03/2010

MBNA SAR sent 22/03/2010

well after almost five years of ping pong letters to MS i have just received notification from Barclays they want to do a deal and that entails to clear the debt and remove all adverse defaults ?

i am unsure wether to accept as the defaults have affected my wifes credit and it has cost us in extra intrest over the last five years and there is also the case where MS were charging me double PPI ,so i think i am still entitled to continue a claim for the intrest and that equates to some 1500 so i may just decline the offer seeing as its partly HFO CAPITAL that has cost me so i am resolute i want my complaint to continue against HFO

patrickq1

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Advice & opinions given by patrickq1 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional

• 5 weeks later...

Today in the post I received two "copy statements" from Barclaycard for my old MSDW card. The two statements were dated 07/08/2004 and 08/09/2004. However the statements do not state any interest rates or transactions and were, I believe created manually. Again Barclaycard state this is all the information they hold on the account.

Has anyone else received information back from Barclaycard for old MSDW accounts, and if so was the information provided in a proper format and also how far back did the information go?

Thanks

FMC

RBS SAR sent 15/03/2010

EGG SAR sent 22/03/2010

MBNA SAR sent 22/03/2010

well i would be writing back to Barclays and remind them that under the money laundering act either they accept responsibility to your 3,000 pounds plus claim for PPI you had paid or they contact MS

see what happens then, they must keep all records for 7 years after the end of the contract so someone is lying huh

patrickq1