fmc001

Morgan Stanley transferred to Barclaycard

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3631 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Guys

I had a Morgan Stanley Credit Card from approx 2000 until approx 2005. I sent a SAR to MS which was forwarded on to Barclaycard. I did not know that the accounts had been transferred over. BC in turn informed me that my account was not migrated over from MS to BC. I am pretty desperate to get my hands on these statements as I know I paid a lot of PPI during this period.

Can anyone offer any advice on how to progress with this?

Abbey National SAR sent 15/03/2010

RBS SAR sent 15/03/2010

Cahoot SAR sent 22/03/2010

Northern Rock SAR sent 22/03/2010

EGG SAR sent 22/03/2010

Morgan Stanley SAR sent 22/03/2010

MBNA SAR sent 22/03/2010

Hi fmc.

Well that is very strange because our MS card was taken over by BC and so was my daughters, and if I remember rightly so were a lot of other cag members.

When they took over the card we were never told they just suddenly changed the name of the card to Barclaycard Cashback.

My daughter has a dispute with BC at the moment because when she stopped paying the payments on the MS card card they started sending her sh***y letters and then DCA's got involved. We SAR'd them and when she got her statements back there was something on them called Deferred Charges. We wrote to BC and asked what these were and never received a reply, she then called BC and asked someone what they were and he said he did not know he had never heard of it.

Have a look through the site and see what other people have written regarding this.

Mrs M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

I think BC are saying your a/c was no longer active at the time of the take-over from MS to BC.

However, I assume BC will have taken over responsibility for all MS archived data.

So I would write back to BC saying:-

I refer to my SAR of xxdate sent to Morgan Stanley, which you replied to on xxdate.

I assume you are now responsible for archived data for Morgan Stanley accounts and would you now please supply the data required by my SAR.

If you do not hold this data, please confirm exactly how I can obtain it and from whom.

See how they respond.

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

i think the transaction went first to goldfish ? then to barclycard..my account is in limbo between HFO and MS ive been waiting for data from MS since 2005

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Advice & opinions given by patrickq1 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional

Hi Patrick.

I think you are right there. I remember seeing something on another site about Barclays taking over goldfish accounts. They apparently took over the cards and I think they said Lloyds took over the loans.

My daughter only got her statements back when we asked Moorcroft on the pretence that she did not recognise the account number they were claiming she owed money on. We are still waiting for the agreement, but in the meantime she has put a claim in for charges and Deferred charges. We have been asking what the deferred charges are for 7 months now and when we spoke to Barclaycard the guy said he did not know. Hoping by putting in a claim we will eventually get the answer.

Mrs M

Edited by MandM

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

Thank you very much for your replies.

I haver taken your advice Slick and sent a letter informing them they are responsible for MS archived data. If they cannot provide this can they inform me where I can get it from.

I will let you know how I get on.

FMC

RBS SAR sent 15/03/2010

EGG SAR sent 22/03/2010

MBNA SAR sent 22/03/2010

well after almost five years of ping pong letters to MS i have just received notification from Barclays they want to do a deal and that entails to clear the debt and remove all adverse defaults ?

i am unsure wether to accept as the defaults have affected my wifes credit and it has cost us in extra intrest over the last five years and there is also the case where MS were charging me double PPI ,so i think i am still entitled to continue a claim for the intrest and that equates to some 1500 so i may just decline the offer seeing as its partly HFO CAPITAL that has cost me so i am resolute i want my complaint to continue against HFO

patrickq1

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Advice & opinions given by patrickq1 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional

Today in the post I received two "copy statements" from Barclaycard for my old MSDW card. The two statements were dated 07/08/2004 and 08/09/2004. However the statements do not state any interest rates or transactions and were, I believe created manually. Again Barclaycard state this is all the information they hold on the account.

Has anyone else received information back from Barclaycard for old MSDW accounts, and if so was the information provided in a proper format and also how far back did the information go?

Thanks

FMC

RBS SAR sent 15/03/2010

EGG SAR sent 22/03/2010

MBNA SAR sent 22/03/2010

well i would be writing back to Barclays and remind them that under the money laundering act either they accept responsibility to your 3,000 pounds plus claim for PPI you had paid or they contact MS

see what happens then, they must keep all records for 7 years after the end of the contract so someone is lying huh

patrickq1