style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3941 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Would appreciate any help. Applied online for a small loan with Blackhorse (£500) out of the blue got call at work to say that loan approved but thought would be better served by a much larger loan to clear all debt. Advised that house on market told would get better mortgage if debt clear. Agreed to a £25000 loan over 5 years. That was July 2005. House sold loan repaid June 2006. Only after reading on another site about PPI did I realise this had been added onto loan. Was never told it was on there would not have agreed it as had no intention of having the loan for the total period. Sent in a letter from this site asking for refund. Got reply 2 years ago to say no it wasnt missold wrote back asking them to reconsider and go a 2nd knockback so a Solicitor friend said he would take the case on on a no win no fee. Well unfortunately 2 years down the line he still hasnt even sent so much as a letter to them let alone done anything so I have asked for file back. As I have already been turned down do I now have to issue proceedings? Can anyone help?

Hi Jayney,

Welcome to the forums.

There is lots of information about the mis-sale of PPI in the stickys at the top of the PPI home page, I suggest you have a read.

In terms of your case, sounds like you were mis-sold if you did not even know the PPI was added.

Do you have a copy of the original credit agreement? If so, please remove all personal details and post for us to have a look at it. Also any documentation you have on the amount of final settlement.

As it has been more than 2 years since Blackhorse gave their final response, you cannot take this claim to the FOS. You could however submit a claim in the small claims court, but this could be costly and I am sure they will use the fact you did not appeal their decision sooner.

Post the documents i have suggested and we will be in a better position to advise you once we have had a look.

DJ