style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3661 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

paternity leave how long do you get to take your paternity leave after the baby is born.

thanks

danny

Hello Danny.

This is what directgov has on paternity leave, or some of it anyway.

Taking your Statutory Paternity Leave entitlement

Your Statutory Paternity Leave entitlement is in addition to your normal holiday allowance.

To qualify for Statutory Paternity Leave, you must tell your employer:

• when the baby is due or when the child is expected to be placed with you for adoption
  • whether you want one or two weeks' Statutory Paternity Leave
  • when you want your Statutory Paternity Leave to start

You must give your employer the correct amount of notice. You should tell them in writing either:

• at least 15 weeks before the beginning of the week when the baby's due
  • within seven days of being told by the adoption agency that you have been matched with a child

A simple way to give notice is to fill in a 'self-certificate'. You can download form SC3 'Becoming a parent', which works as a self-certificate.

You should tell your employer the date of the birth or actual date of adoption placement in writing if your employer requests it. However, you do not have to give your employer any medical evidence of the pregnancy or birth to claim Statutory Paternity Leave or Pay.

If you can't find what you need on their website, you could try the ACAS website or confidential helpline.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

my wife had our baby in jan 2010

they would not let me take my paternity leave

and now the new manager is telling me i cant have it:lol:

if it is not one thing they find a way to get you back for going to a ET

I will give the old company's HR manager a call

as I Was moved to new company under tupe ??