Received Letter From Bryan Carter Solicitors about £675 debt with Money Shop

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5020 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I received a letter from Bryan Carter Solicitors to do with a £675 debt with The Money Shop.

I just wondered what the next step is I should do. Should I admit the debt or what?

The debt is only about 1 year old.

Next Step would be so appreciated.

Thanks

Lee

Hi,

I'll move this thread to a more appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Unfortunately I am not familiar with this company, but I would guess that you will have to come to a payment agreement with them.

If they ask for your Income and Expenditure, they are not entitled to this information. You will have to decide realistically how much you can afford and be able to maintain.

These loans are covered by the CCA 1974. You could request a CCA and see what they came up with.

“We believe Capital One Law takes privilege over UK Law” – Sven Lagerberg – Capital One.

-----------------

By supplying ALL the documents WILL NOT answer your questions but by supplying a SELECTIVE few will. – Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Separate requests with a fee should be made to ALL relevant Data Controllers in an organisation. - Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Our t&c's overrides ICO guidelines when reporting to CRA's - Karon A Bullock - Capital One

Demand the paperwork and if they send it make sure its enforceable. If they don't send you anything or the paperwork's incomplete you tell them to go away. Simples!

Brainf@rt is also not too good when service POC, should it ever comes to such a point. I have a case with them invloved at the moment. They send the 1st letter, about a month about later, one recorded and again a month later that they have filed a Court Action.

In another case it was just the first letter and the DCA's took a hike after that!

“We believe Capital One Law takes privilege over UK Law” – Sven Lagerberg – Capital One.

-----------------

By supplying ALL the documents WILL NOT answer your questions but by supplying a SELECTIVE few will. – Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Separate requests with a fee should be made to ALL relevant Data Controllers in an organisation. - Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Our t&c's overrides ICO guidelines when reporting to CRA's - Karon A Bullock - Capital One

Demand the paperwork and if they send it make sure its enforceable. If they don't send you anything or the paperwork's incomplete you tell them to go away. Simples!

Is it the actual loan and not the payday ones? I actually do have an original Credit Agreement from the Moneyshop which I can post. To me it look enforceable.

I tooked out a loan with them and then went into DMP, then moved on to a Debt Reduction company (now also past tense) and haven't heard from them at all!! They did receive a number of CCA request but failed to response.

I am just putting it here to share my experiences with both the Money Shop and Brianf@rt, should it be of any help.

-----------------

------------------

------------------