Man kills his family and himself due to debt problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5018 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Another tragic loss of lives, no doubt brought about by pressure from collectors

Father Andrew Case who murdered wife and daughters before hanging himself 'had money worries' | Mail Online

So sad that some people find death is their only option to money worries and to take the lives of innocent children too.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is reported that they assume he has money problems due to the fact that they had recently sold their own home and moved into rented accomodation. Too many people feel there is a stigma attached to 'not owning your own home', and therefore in these days it appears to be a mark of success, and to admit defeat is to some people, devastating.

In the weeks to follow I am sure the press will be printing all kinds of stories in connection to this tragic event, but the age old stigma of man, the provider is still very prevalent in some quarters to this day.

A shame that we don't know a little more about who the creditors were so that they can share in the limelight

OMG that is heart breaking.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Such a sad storiy...

How long will it be and how many more similar stories do we have to read before the government sits up and takes notice about what is going on.

t-star

FOR THE BENEFIT OF OUR FRIENDS IN THE NSA USING THE PRISM SYSTEM. HELLO FROM THE UK.

The Government don't care, and the Debt Collection Industry care even less. All the debt collectors are interested in is collecting money. They don't care who they collect it from, or how they collect it. The only thing that this, and many other tragedies mean, is that they won't get their cut of the blood money.I include EVERY debt collecting company in this, and these things should be publicised more, and the DCAs should be forced to go to the inquests and explain their actions to the Coroners. Some thing that none of the filthy **** involved in Mrs Brazier's case could be bothered to do.

I am a lawyer, but I am an academic lawyer. I do not practice as a barrister or solicitor. You should consult a practising Solicitor BEFORE taking any Court or other action

This is a tragic case, I wonder how many more this will happen to until the government stop the continual harrassment many suffer from these DCA ****, I expect even though they had a property they were threatened with charging orders left right and centre, this would have eaten any equity left after a sale.

The Debt Industry has a lot to answer for....

Does anyone remember a thread from last year called 'yet another suicide through debt. We're going to fight back NOW!' ? Well, here we are a year on and it's happened again.

So sad that this has had to happen, yet I fear no-one with any real clout will take any notice. Sadly, people who have never had money problems consider that you are some sort of low life without a brain if it happens to you. Some of the media seem to subscribe to this line of thought quite nicely which just helps fuel the fire. I listen to LBC radio most mornings and there is a presenter on there in the early hours called Steve Allen, he's been there forever. Overall I enjoy his programme, yet the comments he makes over people with financial problems are from someone who obviously thinks that it will never happen to him and that you only have yourself to blame. Sometimes that is true, but other times (as with Mr Blackadder and myself) it was something that happened through employment and we could not have foreseen it. He also seems to think that it is funny that bailiffs visit people's homes - he obviously has absolutely no idea the fear and anxiety being in that situation can cause and just what lying bullies most bailiffs seem to be.

My point in all this, is that you can never say never, and for a few very unfortunate people it all becomes too much to bear and they can only see one way out. That is the only point at which the media seems to take an interest and it soon gets forgotten again.

My heart goes out to the people of this family who are left behind and who are probably now going through the who, what, why etc.

This story illustrates the extremes that we can be driven to by the stigma of debt and the actions of DCA's.

Every time this happens we hope it is the last time and thank heaven that we found CAG.

So sad.

My thoughts are with the remaining family trying to deal with this.

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

Story emerging that the wife was recently the victim of an identity fraud to the tune of £7,000. This is simply tragic news as it stands if debt really was the cause, unspeakably sad if it transpires that it wasn't even their own debt which pushed him over the edge.:-(

As of 03/03/12 please do not under any circumstances wait for my further input or guidance on any current thread or defence of a court claim I might have been involved in on or through Cag.

Jasper1965

Just read the Metro online that the card was stolen and £7000 was taken, he was also declared bankrupt in 2006. This is a very sad end to what looked like a perfect relationship.

Killer dad Andrew Case faced crisis over 7,000 debt | Metro.co.uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Having been in the same position as this guy I can understand what he was going through. I was in so much debt and under so much pressure with threatening phone calls and letters that I was ready to finish myself. The fact I suffer from PTSD has never helped, but with all the additional pressure I was ready to top myself.

If it is found that debt companies had a role to play in this then we should put the pressure on this new government to make changes.

Another useless and evil piece of clay.

Under what or whose authority did he claim the right to murder his children, his wife?

You can all blame the creditors, the banks and the bast**d evil DCA's for the way that they behave, I too loath all of them, but this man is responsible for what he has done.

Why did he not take just his own life? He is evil, so do not make up excuses for him you stupid people.

Are you going to accept that some other can be held responsible for what you have done?

Or will you accept responsibility for another persons actions undertaken by his choice with his concious mind, can you be blamed for something done by another in circumstances such as this?

Yes, something needs to be done about all of these creditors, sooner rather than later, but do not depend on the government to do it, now or ever.

I am not in favour of any creditor or any government for that matter, this does not mean that I am a rebel, I simply fail to understand why any ruler would concentrate so much of their efforts into their preference while all the time the life on this earth suffers and is left to rot in the waste poured out by all of the rulers on this earth.

What use or value does money,gold, oil, silver, diamonds, pearls or iron have when there is no life?

This useless piece of clay killed his children, if you have pity for him, then it is because you belong to this world and desire all that this world has to offer.

My hand shall hold the gate, my hand is the lock, if you clay have forgiveness for such evil men, then you shall never hold my hand for I will not extend it to you when you fall.

I really do not care what any of you clay think of my words.

The Mould

The Government should create, issue, and circulate all the currency and credits needed to satisfy the spending power of the Government and the buying power of consumers. By the adoption of these principles, the taxpayers will be saved immense sums of interest. Money and the greedy banksters, who are closer than ever to their goal of world totalitarianism, will cease to be the masters and become the servants of humanity."

Even today, if Cameron really cared, the government could start implementing the process to remove HOME MORTGAGES from the equation by ordering HM Treasury to issue whatever 'money' is required FREE OF INTEREST to finance every home mortgage in the country.

People like Cameron, Clegg, Osborne, the leaders of the Opposition and others all know... and they know that no matter what they do, the monetary system will continue to play havoc from time to time as the money masters manipulate us ever closer to global totalitarianism.

In 1974 Dennis Healey (labour) was appointed Chancellor of the Exchequer.... at another time he made the following observation....

"World events do not occur by accident: They are made to happen, whether it is to do with national issues or commerce; and most of them are staged and managed by those who hold the purse strings".

Cameron knows precisely what he is doing as did all Prime Ministers and US Presidents who went before. most especially since the Federal Reserve Act of 1913.

Edited by charlie*

It's certainly absolutely correct that this individual was responsible for his own actions, but there is also something to be said about the causal factors that led to his mental health being such that he committed these crimes and then killed himself.

We don't know the full facts, but it appears that this was a man who had a job and was well liked. The family dynamic appeared to be stable.

The principal problem he had was debt. It is well known (and has been researched) that debt is a major contributory factor to depression and other mental health issues, and I think that it would be difficult to say that his financial circumstances, and by extension the business practices of creditors and DCAs, played no part in this incident.

I do not think that anyone sensible in the debt industry would deliberately set out to make someone ill, or are pleased when someone kills themselves because they cannot cope with the letters and calls (after all, there's no money in it!) On the other hand, in my opinion greed and the desire for quick profit still trumps ethics and compliance in the industry, and until those in charge in the industry, and those charges with regulation, have the desire to change, these things will continue to happen.

Suicides and murders in which debt is a factor are still uncommon - but many, many people are made miserable and suffer depression and other illness as a consequence of debt collection practices. I strongly believe that the vast majority of debtors are 'can't pays' who want to settle, and that if the industry adopted an ethical and compliant approach, and saw collection as a long term business there would be a step change for the positive.

I think it's a religious reference to us all being made out of clay; feet of clay maybe?

There you go, it only took a quick search, it wasn't something I had readily to hand lol.

Daniel 2:31-33. Thou, O king, sawest, and behold a great image. This great image, whose brightness was excellent, stood before thee; and the form there of was terrible. The image's head was of fine gold, his breast and his arms of silver, his belly and his thighs of brass. His legs of iron, his feet part of iron and of clay.

Oh dear... do we have a "Lucas" in our midst? :D

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5018 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks