Notes taken a meeting

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4992 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There was meeting with employer regarding DDA, notes were taken by employer but no copies were given to the employee. Can the employee make notes after the the meeting and send a copy to the employers of what was discussed. Employers notes that was read out after meeting was biase anyway so making notes by the employee would give a more balance of what was said.

It's good practice to send the employee the notes of any meeting. I take notes at such meetings and always ensure that the notes are a fair reflection of what has been discussed. If the employee does not agree with what's been written then this would be added to the notes by way of an addendum.

If it were me in your position, then I would definately prepare your own notes and send a copy to the employer.

Thank you Philip23, the selective notes were read out by the employer that took them and was signed by all at meeting there was not much that could be done but when asked for copy, it turned out that there was not photocopier available in this very large company.

New notes have been prepared and in the processes of sending them to the employers. ;)

One tip if you are preparing your own notes is to send them to your manager and ask them to agree the content or, if they disagree, let you have any amendments/comments on a separate sheet of paper, signed & dated by them. This will force them to state their position. You may find there are genuine misunderstandings that need to be resolved - or you may find they agree your notes.

Personally I would never agree notes that are read out by someone. I would want to read them in my own time and then either agree them or make my own comments.

If you can't get a copy, does your employer have any policies relating to DDA & related matters - if so have they complied with these. If not that may be worth highlighting. Also you could make a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act as the notes would preseumably be held in your personnel file.

Anything relating to the DDA can be complex and even upsetting. It can also feel humiliating if you aren't being treated in a compassionate way. You may find it best to take a friend/colleauge with you to help in any further meetings; or, are you a member of or have you considered joining a union? They can be a great help (I speak from experience both as a union rep & someone who has conditions that fall under the DDA)

The important thing for you to remeber is that the employer has obligations under the DDA & they have to demonstarte they have met these in respect of yourself.