style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3662 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

South West Trains allow pregnant women to get free upgrade to 1st class carriage. However, Blue Badge holders are not allowed a free upgrade is this discriminatory?.

Advice please

I was discussing the very thing with hubby yesterday! :shock:

He says no, as the purchase of a ticket in fact doesn't entitle you to a seat, only to travel on the train. I am not so sure myself tbh.

Incidentally, are you sure it is free upgrade to 1st class? Hubby works for Southern Railways and it's only allowed if the priority seats in 2nd class are all taken.

I was discussing the very thing with hubby yesterday! :shock:

He says no, as the purchase of a ticket in fact doesn't entitle you to a seat, only to travel on the train. I am not so sure myself tbh.

Incidentally, are you sure it is free upgrade to 1st class? Hubby works for Southern Railways and it's only allowed if the priority seats in 2nd class are all taken.

your hubby is correct, but the pregnant woman now just go into the 1st class carriage even if seats are available in standard class. I think it will take a very brave guard to tell one of them to move. The carriage is now getting like the ante natal waiting room lol

The form they fill in is a matt1b? (i think)