PCN wrong reg number but correct tax disc

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4993 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Just been reading Kyka's post with interest.

Received a PCN (very unfairly I feel) and just notice it has the wrong vehicle registration number - one letter wrong. However I did see the guy who gave me the ticket take a photo of the car. The PCN also has the correct tax disc number on it. So they will be able to trace me through either the photo or the tax disc.

So what I want to know is - does this mean the PCN is legally unenforcable as it is factually incorrect, or does the fact it has the tax disc number on mean that is enough evidence that is was my car?

I reckon he typed in the wrong reg number as he was trying to get it done really quickly because he could see me running up the road - I got the 'sorry its already issued, nothing I can do about it now' excuse.

If I ignore it I guess they will still trace me through the photo/tax disc and I will get a Notice. I don't want to end up paying £80 instead of £40.

It is a Council issued PCN by the way.

This is my first PCN - I was 2 minutes late to the car and am fuming. :mad:

Thank you! Great forum by the way. :)

Hi and welcome to CAG.

As far as I am aware, if the PCN has the wrong VRM on it, then it does not relate to your vehicle. Test will be is if you get anthing through the post. They will not be able to trace you via the VRM if it is wrong. Not sure if they can use the tax disc as back up but i'm sure others will cooment further.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my scales at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Reg number as stated on the PCN is the only one which can be pursued. If you do not own that exact vehicle - and you do not - then you are never going to be held liable for it. They will not contact you, so you can forget about it.