SynKat

Phoenix Shop Direct

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3662 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everybody,

I have recently obtained my credit report from Free Credit Report now and every year - annualcreditreport and it showed that I have an account with a company called Phoenix Shop Direct that is in an extreme case of default. It has no contact details for this company and I cannot find any on the internet searches either.

It states the account is registered to my previous address but the account was only defaulted on in November 2008. I moved into my current address from the address on that account in October 2007. There are no details of payments on the account until it was defaulted on in November 2008, so I can't help but think that this is the time it was passed over to a debt collection agency. Also it says that an address listed is linked to that account, an address which I have never lived at, nor known anybody to live at in all my life.

I have had no letters or correspondence whilst living at my current address which is confusing, as if they wanted the money so badly surely they would have contacted me with regards to the alleged debt.

I am so confused and worried about this now.

I have emailed Free Credit Report now and every year - annualcreditreport regarding the matter and this is what they had to say so far...

You said:

I recently obtained my credit report with yourselves and there is a couple of anomalies on it that I wish to dispute and have looked into.

It states I have a mail order credit account at an address where I no longer reside that is in an extreme state of default. The credit company is listed as Phoenix Shop Direct, which I have never heard of, and I have lived at my current address for over a year before this account was defaulted on with my previous address as the one listed. I hope you can help me with this.

Also I have been linked with an address that I have never heard of, which is also linked to the above account.

Please contact me at XXXXXXXXXXX@XXXXXXXXXX or telephone me on XXXXX XXXXXX to discuss this matter further.

Thanks, XXXXXXXXXXXX.

Neil (Credit Analyst) said:

Hi XXXXXXXX

Thanks for your message.

I would recomend that you contact Phoenix Shop directly and request the full details of this account. They will be able to advise you further about this matter.

Could you kindly confirm the linked address you wish to have removed?

I look forward to your reply.

Regards

Neil

annualcreditreport

Hi Neil,

Thank you for your reply. I cannot contact Phoenix Shop Direct as I cannot locate their contact details anywhere. I have conducted searches on the internet but to no avail, and the details are not on my credit report either, which is proving to be rather distressing. Advice I am receiving from everybody seems to be the same, to contact the company directly, but how can I do this with absolutely NO contact details available from anywhere?!

There are 2 addresses to be removed so it transpires, one is a genuine mistake as my previous address at Bamber Court rarely showed up on address searches, so they have listed the address closest to the real one.

The addresses are:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXX

XXXXX

XXXXXX

and:

XXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXX

XXXXXX

I appreciate you taking the time to respond to this, as I am genuinely very upset to discover that there is seemingly no way to contact the company nor trace the debt which is hindering my credit history. Any advice would be extremely appreciated.

Regards,

XXXXXXXX.

Any advice would be appreciated.

xoxo

Edited by SynKat

As I read further down the listing for that debt on my report, it says the debt was defaulted upon on 24/01/2007. How odd. Yes I was living at that address at that time, but we weren't allowed any mail order items due to it being a 'safe' house, and in essence 'blacklisted' so we couldn't obtain credit.

I am ever more puzzled by this chain of events. xoxo

take yor real name out syncat ,

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

The only info I've found by searching is a suggestion that the name might be an amalgamation of Shop Direct who are a catalogue company and Phoenix who are a debt buyer (linked to Bryan Carter I believe).

I've not dealt with the company that you've used to get your credit report. Did it indicate whether the information was held on your Equifax, Experian or Callcredit files? I'm not surprised that the company you have used isn't able to help much but one of the three CRAs would be better placed to assist.

Thanks kiptower, hadn't even realised I left that in because I was in such a fluster! xoxo

seminole, I registered with Experian today also and they didn't even have any details of half of my debts so they're not exactly reliable either in my opinion. However, they did have something similar that had linked addresses from my previous one to my current one from a source called 'International Collections Group Limited', another random name with no contact details, for around the same date. I am so distraught it is unbelievable. xoxo

T

I've not dealt with the company that you've used to get your credit report. Did it indicate whether the information was held on your Equifax, Experian or Callcredit files?

Annualcreditreport is a trading name of Credit Reporting Agency Ltd. It's registered as a small company. It has a consumer credit licence for various activities including credit brokerage and the provision of credit. The company is registered with ICO.

They make their money from referrals to loan providers, selling premium services and (hidden away in the T&Cs), sharing customers' info with CRAs.

My shop direct is a Kays catalogue, which was with PHOENIX at some stage.

It has been passed around a bit but is quiet at the moment. I would wait and see if you get anything in the post.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

After much hoop jumping and internet searching I have managed to resolve the issue. Thanks everybody.

I got another response from annualcreditreport's credit analysts:

Emma Hobson (Credit Analyst) said:

Hi XXXXXXXXXXX

Thanks for your message.

While we don't keep contact numbers for lenders, I have had a look online and found the following number: 0800 652 6683

To ensure it was correct I also called the number and got through to a company that works on behalf of Phoenix Shop Direct. I asked the customer service rep if this was the correct number to call if there was an issue with a Phoenix Shop Direct account and he confirmed that it was.

As such I would recommend that you call this number and request further information.

With regards to the linked address, you may like to contact Callcredit directly and dispute the entries with them. Their contact details are: Callcredit plc Consumer Services Team PO Box 491 Leeds LS3 1WZ or email at: info@callcreditgroup.com

You simply need to provide them with your details and explain briefly why you believe the addresses in question should be removed. They will then investigate on your behalf and make any necessary amendments.

I hope this helps. Please don't hesitate to contact us again if you have any further queries.

Kind regards

Emma

annualcreditreport.co.uk

So I rang the company like she said and it turns out that a catalogue account that I settled in 2007 hadn't been updated or closed and had subsequently been passed to Phoenix Shop Direct debt recovery to chase up (not very thoroughly might I add), hence the defaulted payments since Nov 2008 as they were sending all correspondence to my previous address. They admitted after speaking to the previous debt recoverer's, Moorcroft, that yes indeed the account had been settled and mistakes had been made regarding the account that had resulted in my account being passed to them and defaults being placed on my credit report. They have apologised and said that the account will be removed from my credit report within 28 days.

Just goes to show doesn't it, that you should check your credit report every now and then instead of leaving it for 3 years like I have. xoxo

Is/was this the only 'bad' entry on your CF, because I am sure you should be able to sue for compensation/damages to your reputation. You might like to start a new thread with that in mind, there are some great people on here that could help and you could potentially get some serious money.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.