Debt Managers Ltd ... say I've not paid them!

Guest Cartaphilus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4990 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Cartaphilus

If I wasn't fed up with DCAs before enough I am now!

The above lot has now written to me claiming I've not made them any payment. All except I sent a payment to them before the date of this letter by recorded delivery. Rather strangely, though, it's not showing on track/trace (though that may be due to the bulk signing issue, I can try and check that with RM directly with that department later) and there is no good reason it would not get to them given previous correspondence were sent to the same address, signed for. Nor has my payment been cashed. Ironically, their letter however is dated approximately the same time as a RD item would get to them ie one day to the PO box then another to get delivered to the actual address.

I had this rigmorole with a previous DCA several months whom I was paying by standing order. Not so, according to them!

They are now saying I must pay them arrears or it will be referred to their legal department in the usual intimidatory bold and capital letters.

In none of their previous letters have they also indicated a date by which to pay per month and have supplied a rather pretty useless one payment slip to do so via a bank I don't bank with, thus incurring charges if I paid there. However, a month hadn't elapsed since my last payment so I know I sent it in good time.

Sorry for going on. What can I do about this? I really don't want to go through the fun and games of several months ago with that other DCA despite myself having the proof of payment then getting letters every other month claiming otherwise. It's not a CCA solved issue unfortunately, which is why I am making payments.

If they are receiving my payments then simply not cashing them what am I supposed to do?

Best to get the proof from RM that it was delivered. Then send Debt Missmanagers the evidence as part of a formal complaint and ask what they are playing at. If they continue to mess around, inform them that you'll be charging them £25 per letter for your time and material costs. Then if they fail to pay, start a claim through the courts.

Been doing this with a DCA over the last few weeks. As soon as they owe me £150 the court claim goes in + costs.

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

Guest Cartaphilus

Will try and get it somehow. I have an email address which goes straight through to the bulk team, hopefully they will confirm receipt; hoping that email still works, too, as not used it in a while.

Guest Cartaphilus

Cheque. Not cashed according to my bank. Though I know that means nothing, they may still have received it but not cashed it. Yet. It's actually the third DCA that has done this now, the first I got the FOS involved, had the bank stamped/dated payment slip. According to the DCA concerned having a bank stamped/dated payment slip showing payment wasn't proof of payment. Hmmm. :rolleyes:

Going to try and see if I can get confirmation of receipt.

Guest Cartaphilus

Well, that is strange. As in 'what's going on?' I've now had a reply to my email, they say they can't find it on their system or find it manually. Say I have to phone customer services to get it investigated. Thing is, I was given this email address by someone because PO box bulk signed for items don't always show up on the customer services systems.

Edit - which now also means I will have to make a payment in the bank now anyway as posting things to them ... seem never to reach them. I shall continue to inquire/enquire of RM.

Guest Cartaphilus

He he ;) Not that I needed telling but they obviously read my post on here this week. Given the reply I had and it's contents. ;)